Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument Manager Updates

Hi,

Why do I not have KC or KT Globex coffee futures in my list of instruments?

Do you guys have a current complete list of Master Instruments so I don't have to manually create them?

Thanks....

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your post.

KC (Coffee 'C') is included in the master list of instruments. KT, however, will need to be created using the steps listed below:

Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
    • Press the "New" button
    • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
    • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivty provider
    • Press the "OK" button
    * If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.
    The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
    • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
    • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
    • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
    • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list
    You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hi Mark,

Thank you for your post.

KC (Coffee 'C') is included in the master list of instruments. KT, however, will need to be created using the steps listed below:

Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
      • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
      • Press the "New" button
      • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
      • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivty provider
      • Press the "OK" button
      * If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.
      The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
      • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
      • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
      • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
      • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list
      You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.
      Kyle,

My master instrument list shows "C" as Cocoa not coffee. I have Ninja Trader 6.5.1000.10

Can you provide a link to an update for the Master Instrument list.

BTW you should have the Master Instrument List avaialable from a download section of your web site!!

I don't want to have to install a new version of Ninja to get the latest instruments.

Thanks....

Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply.

1.) Sorry, I was indicating the symbol and the instruments name in parenthesis. That shoud have read: KC - Coffee 'C'

2.) Assuming you are running the current version of NinjaTrader (6.5.1000.10) there are no available updates to the master instrument list. Likewise, there is no way to update this list aside from installing the current version of NinjaTrader.

I will forward your suggestion for this service to our development team for further consideration.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post funk10101  
        Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
        11 responses
        0 likes