Tickchart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tickchart

I would like to use a 144 tick chart on futures like ES/YM/ER2 but I get no backfill (IB). I used it with the demoaccount and it was no problem. But now (after purchase and new installation) I get only one candle. How can I fix this ?

imported post

Hello T4M:

Thank you for your note.

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of IB's datafeed. IB only provides historical data for minute charts, not tick charts.

NT was collecting your previous data in real-time and used it to backfill your previous tick charts that you were using. With the fresh install of NT, this data was no longer available to backfill your tick charts.

If you need immediate historical tick data, I would suggest opening up a free account at www.opentick.com and use their historical data to backfill your tick charts and continue to use IB as your real-time datafeed.

Best regards,

Ryan
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

You can download last 5 days tick data directly from the CME's FTP server ftp://ftp.cme.com/pub/gtime/

Can I use this data in Ninjatrader?

Comment

imported post

You can use any data source to import into NT provided the data follows format documented here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...V6/Import.html

We could get you in touch with NinjaTrader consultants in case you would need support for reformatting data files. Please let us know.

Comment

Can anyone tell me how to get Cme files (with their proprietary format) into ascii files ?
          So I can manipulate them to make them importable into NT.

Rgds.

Comment

Sorry I don't know. We don't have any knowledge about the proprietary CME format. We could get you in touch which a consultant who could assist you: http://fin-alg.com/index.html

Comment

dear Ryan,
              maybe IB doesn't provide historical tick by tick data but it provides 1 sec data with the tick transaction number included...other charting software like ensign work very well with the IB's tick backfill.

Comment

NT needs "real" tick data to work as you would expect. IB sub-minute historical data is not accurate enough to consider supporting that.

Comment

Hi Dierk,
                  IB's tick backfilling (data from 1 sec bars) seems accurate enought and works perfect on Ensign Multicharts and Sierra programs...please consider
                  that as a new feature...don't forget Opentick doesn't provide data for
                  european futures and stocks....and we have a big problem..

best regards
                  kon

Comment

We'll add to it our list of future considerations. Thanks for your suggestion.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by lorem, Yesterday, 09:18 AM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post lorem
                    by lorem

Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                    12 responses
                    0 likes