Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integrating Software Programs

To whom it may concern,

We have developed a stand alone C++ based dll application for metastock, on top of that we have integrated are indicators thru this dll and metastock into a competitors automation console BUT we are frustrated with there lack of response's regarding major issues with there platform. It may be time to look for something else to automate are ideas and that brought us here.

1 - How hard is it to run and implement an automated strategy once its created within MS thru are stand alone dll and your platform? And are there any restrictions regarding the strategy implementation? Such as:

- cancel an order after a certain period of time

- adjusting stops

- etc etc

Plus we are want to keep all of the strategy software on are computers here in the office.

Thanks for your help, a frustrated trader

imported post

It's quite straight forward, you can use NT's universal text file interface for processing orders. You would have your C++ application generate text files that contains order processing information. Documentation is located here -

http://www.ninjatrader.com/doc_automated_trading.htm

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Thanks for the link really helpful - just one final question does your api kit allow for user code interface?

Comment

imported post

What is user code interface?

Comment

imported post

I simply meant it as a reference toyour platform or API kit being able to interfacewith code modules developed by the "user". Sometimes onehas to do everything within the platformson-screen application or whatever. So, with all that said it means is yourplatform allowing our code the ability "hook into NT" and run the strategy.

Comment

imported post

Yes, the text file interace can be driven from any application (charting, custom coded) that can generate a text file.

Comment

imported post

Thanks for the info will look into your application

Comment

imported post

You write in your AT help page:

"....Using NinjaTraderTM automated trading requires varying levels of programming experience (depending on your chart application) to be able to generate the correct output from your chart application to NinjaTraderTM....."

[align=left][/align]
                [align=left]Ray, I'm just barely aquainted with AT thru NT. Do I have the concept correctthat the OIF builder will initiate/code order placement once my charting software generates a txt in the correct format to the correct directory/file??[/align]
                [align=left]If so what format for buy/sell signaltxt needs to be read by my OIF and where do I direct the output from my charting software? [/align]
                [align=left]Hope that makes sense and I've not totally ignorant of the AT concept. [/align]
                [align=left]Regards [/align]
                [align=left]Bruce[/align]

Comment

imported post

Incorrect. The builder is just used as a reference tool so that you can generate the correct OIF string for comparative purposes to the OIF string you out put from your charting application.

Comment

imported post

IOC ........really had that wrong. So far I've been spending my time with my chart app which recently has addeda GUI interface (4 code dummies like me)to design complicated multi indicator "study consensus" alerts.In effect create a "system" generating a single alert from numerous conditions.

Any plans to give NT a GUIfor us code dummies to set up NTto read a short text output "BUY/SELL" from the chart app then process it from within NT?? This may sound simplistic but im kinda simple(ton) ieNT reads the BUY text (from some .txt path) causing NT togenerate limit or mkt order associated to a specifiedpre-made personal NT positionstrategy??? I may be able to get the chartingdeveloper to set up the means to designate a short txt output to a specified path (concurrent with my consensus alert), but coding from within the charting app would become a new career for me<g>.

Regards

Bruce

Comment

imported post

Hi Bruce,

This responsibility really falls in the hands of the chart developers and not NT. NT makes the interface available the signal source then needs to communicate to this interface. Some like IRT and NeoTicker have/are already doing this.

Ray

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post bmartz
                      by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM