Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Anyone w/ experience running NT strategy continuously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone w/ experience running NT strategy continuously?

Hi,

I'm just curious if anyone has experience running a strategy within NinjaTrader continuously (24 hours a day) for extended amounts of time? What's the "stamina" record?

I used to only trade equities with IB, and I take care to shut down after end of day every day... because IB wants a reset of TWS every day anyways, it's not a major issue.

Now I'm also trading futures with ZenFire, and would like to just keep my strategy running 24/6. I'm just curious if it's still good practice to shut-down during the 45 minute cool-down cycle every day, or if NT will hum along for the entire week without any problems. Only a couple symbols, and only looking at minute bars (not ticks)... so not really loading NT too badly while executing.

Originally posted by heech View Post
    Hi,

I'm just curious if anyone has experience running a strategy within NinjaTrader continuously (24 hours a day) for extended amounts of time? What's the "stamina" record?

I used to only trade equities with IB, and I take care to shut down after end of day every day... because IB wants a reset of TWS every day anyways, it's not a major issue.

Now I'm also trading futures with ZenFire, and would like to just keep my strategy running 24/6. I'm just curious if it's still good practice to shut-down during the 45 minute cool-down cycle every day, or if NT will hum along for the entire week without any problems. Only a couple symbols, and only looking at minute bars (not ticks)... so not really loading NT too badly while executing.
    No problem on my side leaving NT 24/6. Zen/Amp connection.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post algospoke  
    Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post maybeimnotrader