Solution for connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solution for connections

I'm planning to use NT again, this time for charting and also brokerage. However, I just had a thought:

I use Ninjatrader for two things:

1. To use with my brokerage MBtrading for trade management
    2. Then I wish to use NT for charting with a different datafeed (esignal)

So my question is how to run NinjaTrader with two different feeds?

Is it possible to run two NT instances?

So I purchase one NT licence and run this with my brokerage, then I run another instance of NT this time for charts.

Confusing

Hi pa188,

Thank you for your post.

Although it is not possible to run two instances of NinjaTrader, you can use multiple connections to accomplish this. For more information about using multiple connections, please see the following link to our Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nections1.html
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NY Kyle,

Thank you for your response.

So I would have to pay for NT Multi Broker Technology even though I have only one broker and I want free NT charts? Sounds unfair

And I'm confused. If I were to purchase NT Multi Broker Technology, there will be one instance of NT but I will have two datafeeds going into NT, an esignal feed and mbtrading feed. How does this work then please?

Thank you,
      Pete

Comment

Hello Pete,

No, a multi broker license is not required to accomplish 1 & 2 in post #1.

Correct, one instance and two feeds.

eSignal is not a broker, so a single broker license is sufficient.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Hello Pete,

No, a multi broker license is not required to accomplish 1 & 2 in post #1.

Correct, one instance and two feeds.

eSignal is not a broker, so a single broker license is sufficient.

Hello Jason,

Ok, so I got the single licence, and I have two feeds.

So since my broker is MB, I will set this as my primary datafeed, then I create another 'Account'. This account is for esignal. Then I set this esignal account as my backup datafeed. (or do I do this the other way?)

But NT recognize MB as my broker, but since I want the charts to have the esignal feed, how do I do this?

Sorry I not technically minded so can you please go through the steps with me.

Thank you,
          Pete

Comment

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your reply.

You would want to configure connections for both MB Trading and eSignal.

MB Trading Connection Guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_MB.htm

eSignal Connection Guide:

When connecting, you would need to connect in the following order: eSignal then MB Trading.

This will ensure that all chart data is coming from eSignal. When you are ready to place an order, you would simply select your MB Trading account from the accounts drop down menu in your order entry window.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

Hi NT team,

Wow, I didn't realize you could connect two feeds ... at the same time!

Ok, I have worked it out now.

Does it matter to choose a backup datafeed when creating 'account connections' or would this normally be left as 'none'? I'm guessing it is prudent so that both esignal and mbt feed (or other provider) to backup each other, correct?

Thanks for the support,
              Pete

Comment

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest choosing MB Trading as the backup connection for eSignal and vice versa. This will ensure that if one of the data feed connections was to fail, the other would automatically take it's place to minimize disruption.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

Hi- I have e-signal working fine on US stocks. I have added ASX stocks to my esignal subscription, and they are coming through fine on my esignal data manager.

However, although the US stock data is coming through my esignal connection to NT, I can't get the ASX data through. The symbols are entered correctly, e.g. BHP-ASX

I have been in touch with esignal but they cannot help with why this is happening in NT as the e-signal connection is working fine. I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas about this/Thanks

Comment

Hello Eastbank,

Please create a new forum thread in the future.

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
                    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
                    • Press the "New" button
                    • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
                    • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivty provider
                    • Press the "OK" button
                    * If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
                    • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
                    • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
                    • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
                    • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list
                    You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                    Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                    16 responses
                    0 likes