Limit Order entered but sometimes can't cancel it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limit Order entered but sometimes can't cancel it

There were several times over the last 2 weeks with my live account that I placed limit order on DOM and try to cancel it by clicking X. But, it wouldn't cancel and it was looking like it froze, however DOM prices still move around.

Any reason? All I could do was just waiting until order filled, then scratch the trade. That's bad

Hello ssg10,

Thank you for your post.

First, if this is a live trade please contact your broker to manage the position.
    Once you have closed the position with your broker please repair your database to remove the order from NinjaTrader.
    To repair your database please go to Tools--> Options--> Misc--> and click Repair DB.
    If this does not remove the order then the order will be removed when your broker resets their servers.

Also, the performance tips listed at the following link should help: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...rformanceTips1
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It happens to me as well. Especially the first time I place an order immediately after I disabled the "Global Simulation Mode". It is annoying! I usually click Flatten everything, Exit NT and when I am back is OK. It is not often though!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
        Hello ssg10,

Thank you for your post.

First, if this is a live trade please contact your broker to manage the position.
        Once you have closed the position with your broker please repair your database to remove the order from NinjaTrader.
        To repair your database please go to Tools--> Options--> Misc--> and click Repair DB.
        If this does not remove the order then the order will be removed when your broker resets their servers.

Also, the performance tips listed at the following link should help: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...rformanceTips1
        Kyle,

I have done Database Repairs a number of times but this problem persists. In my case is when I switch from Global Simulation to Live Trading and always the first trade. If I exit NT and logon again immediately is OK. Any ideas?

astra

Comment

Hi astra,

Thank you for your reply.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Kyle" in the subject line. Please include your log and trace files from a date this occurred in the email.

You will find your log file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Log > log.YYYYMMDD.txt
          You will find your trace file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Spiderbird, Today, 12:15 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Spiderbird  
          Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes