Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Downloaded replay files, where to get previous days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloaded replay files, where to get previous days?

Hi,

I downloaded NQ 06-08 replay files for april 2008.
    I can replay them fine, so far so good.

But how can I have in the chart also the previous days prices for pivots and SR areas? Eg. when I replay first of April, how can I have the chart showing also last day of march etc.? Same with 2nd, of april, how can I have it show 1st of april in the chart?

Charts only show the current day's prices.

Hello naxo79,

Please connect to the Market Replay but do not start the connection yet.

Create a chart that contains the historical data you like and subsequently start the Market Replay. The chart should contain the historical (providing it is available in the database) and will plot with data recorded by the Market Replay
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

thx. Ok, when I replay files I have recorded myself previous days show up automatically on the chart. But when I replay files recorded on another PC previous days do not show up in the chart. This indicates some issues with DB?

I use Zen-Fire.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello naxo79,

Please connect to the Market Replay but do not start the connection yet.

Create a chart that contains the historical data you like and subsequently start the Market Replay. The chart should contain the historical (providing it is available in the database) and will plot with data recorded by the Market Replay

Comment

Could you please clarify the files recorded on another PC. Did you transfer the recorded files from the other PC to the original PC?

Please right click on the Market Replay control and select 'Available instruments'. Check what data you have available and if you receive data for the times reflected.

Comment

Jason, you wrote "Create a chart that contains the historical data you like".
          How does one do that?

Comment

Could you please clarify the files recorded on another PC. Did you transfer the recorded files from the other PC to the original PC?

Please right click on the Market Replay control and select 'Available instruments'. Check what data you have available and if you receive data for the times reflected.
            Downloaded from http://ninja.korthrun.net/ NQ april and May 2008. When I'm connected it shows as in the attachment.

Have had similar troubles with files recorded on another PC and copied to another.
            Attached Files

Comment

Saroj: Please see the link below for instructions.

Naxo79: The screenshot indicates there is data recorded starting at 7:57:58 and ending at 8:27:23. Do you receive data for this time frame when connected?

Comment

Naxo79: The screenshot indicates there is data recorded starting at 7:57:58 and ending at 8:27:23. Do you receive data for this time frame when connected?
                Yes

The recordings from ninja.korthrun.net are split up in days.

Comment

Hello naxo79,

Then, the Market Replay connection works as expected.

Do you expect it to replay data outside the displayed times?

Comment

Hello naxo79,

Then, the Market Replay connection works as expected.

Do you expect it to replay data outside the displayed times?
                    When I connect to days that have been recorded on the same PC they are played back on it displays also historical data from previous days in the charts.

Comment

It does not work when performing the steps below?

"Please connect to the Market Replay but do not start the connection yet.

Create a chart that contains the historical data you like and subsequently start the Market Replay. The chart should contain the historical data(providing it is available in the database) and will plot with data recorded by the Market Replay"

Comment

It does not work when performing the steps below?

"Please connect to the Market Replay but do not start the connection yet.

Create a chart that contains the historical data you like and subsequently start the Market Replay. The chart should contain the historical data(providing it is available in the database) and will plot with data recorded by the Market Replay"
                        It seems I fail at the step "create a chart containing the historical data".

For some reason the replay function does not fetch the previous days data when it is in the db-directory in another days recordings.

Tried to do it so that I first connect to Zen-fire to get the data and then to replay but it doesnt allow me to connect to both of them.

Saroj did you manage to do it with downloaded files from korthrun?

Comment

Originally posted by naxo79 View Post
                          It seems I fail at the step "create a chart containing the historical data".

For some reason the replay function does not fetch the previous days data when it is in the db-directory in another days recordings.

Tried to do it so that I first connect to Zen-fire to get the data and then to replay but it doesnt allow me to connect to both of them.
                          Or should I actually connect first to previous day, then disconnect and connect to the new day?

Comment

Correct you cannot connect to both; this is as expected.

Connect to Zen-Fire first and request the historical data in chart you like to display in the Market Replay chart.

Disconnect Zen-Fire and close the chart.

Connect to the Market Replay but do not start the connection yet. Create a new chart that will contain the historical data by configuring the Range settings in the Format Data Series. Check if the chart displays the historical data.

Subsequently start the Market Replay and check if you receive real-time data in the chart as well.

Comment

Correct you cannot connect to both; this is as expected.

Connect to Zen-Fire first and request the historical data in chart you like to display in the Market Replay chart.

Disconnect Zen-Fire and close the chart.

Connect to the Market Replay but do not start the connection yet. Create a new chart that will contain the historical data by configuring the Range settings in the Format Data Series. Check if the chart displays the historical data.

Subsequently start the Market Replay and check if you receive real-time data in the chart as well.
                              Ok, thanx!

That made it, first connect to Zen-fire to fetch the data, then disconnect and then to replay.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                              168 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post sidlercom80  
                              Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred