Control center interface buggy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control center interface buggy...

When I resize control center, the buttons don't expand and contract automatically, I have to click on, say, "Instrument" and then they will snap to max width of control center. And they are very hard to adjust, btw. If I want to make the "Action" column smaller, say, it may disappear or whatever. Then I have to force a resize in order for it to snap into place again.

imported post

Are you talking about the order entry controls in the "Orders" tab? If so, then yes they are of fixed size and can not be repositioned/resized. This is expected behaviour.

Comment

Column Widths in Strategy Analyzer

This is also the case in the Strategy Analyzer.

I get columns that don't display or don't fully display, and then when I click on the divider between the column names and try to drag it to make a column greater in size or smaller, it ends up giving me either nothing, or almost nothing, or a column that's many times wider than it needs to be. This is illustrated in the attached screen shot... you'll see that several columns are one 1 character wide (or less) and one column takes up almost 1/2 the display.

Can this be fixed?

Best regards,

KBJ
      Attached Files

Comment

Not sure how your issue would be related to the one funk101 reported.

Anyway:
        - NT6.5 will overcome a few performance issues related to changing the width of grid columns
        - you can reset the grid column widths by Right click->Properties->Reset

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
          Not sure how your issue would be related to the one funk101 reported.
          Dierk,

From Funk101's description, to me, it sounded like Funk101 was experiencing the same problem as I was, but in another module.

In fact, from your earlier answer, I thought perhaps you didn't understand the problem funk101 described. Your earlier answer talks about "fixed size" and "order entry controls", whereas Funk101 seems to be talking about the column headers and mentions "Instrument" and "Action" which are column headings, and says that they become "max width" or "disappear", which sounds very much like what I was experiencing with the column widths in the StrategyAnalyzer.

To be more explicit, I'm trying to change the column width by clicking on the boundary between two column labels, and then dragging that boundary to stretch the column to get a larger (or smaller) size. While doing this the pointer is displayed as a double-headed, horizontal arrow. This is what I claim is broken in the StrategyAnalyzer... but only on the screens where there are a lot of columns. For instance, it seems to work OK on the "Summary" screen, but not on the "Trades" screen. However, after clicking on the boundary, when I start to drag it to make the width smaller/larger, the double-headed, horizontal arrow turns back into an oridinary arrow, and the amount that I drag, seems to have little relation to how much resizing is done (I can drag it two inches but only see 1/4 inch of change in width.)

I'm used to using this type of feature when editing Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and adjusting the column widths. They have a feature which allows you to double-click on the vertical boundary between two column labels, and Excel will automatically adjust the column width to just enough space to fully display the largest entry in the column just to the left of the boundary. This is very useful, but only works when the pointer is being displayed as the double-headed, horizontal arrow. I thought this used to be a feature of NinjaTrader, but I haven't been able to get this to work recently, either.

I fully realize that some features may take inordinate amounts of debugging time, which can sometimes be completely out of proportion to the "seeming simplicity" of the feature. I'm hoping that this is not the case with this double-click resizing, because it is so fast and useful.

Best regards,

KBJ

Comment

Thanks for clarification. As stated below NT6.5 should provide a better user experience. Just a few more days...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH