backtest data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did both of those and It didn't work.
    have you heard of these issues before? Sometimes I think that there is something completely corrupted with my ninja files and that I should dump the whole thing not just the front end. What do you think? Are there any other solutions?
    thanks
    Pete

Comment

Ok, this is strange now.
      I am looking at the chart and now the dates are matching everything else. Same gap as the summary, periods, and trade executions. Does that mean my historical data is corrupt? I am going to try an a longer test - 18 months and see what I get.

Comment

Originally posted by pistolpete View Post
        have you heard of these issues before? Sometimes I think that there is something completely corrupted with my ninja files and that I should dump the whole thing not just the front end. What do you think? Are there any other solutions?
        thanks
        Pete
        Hi Pete,

You can try a complete uninstall/reinstall when you have time to see if the issue persists.

1.) If you wish, you can create a backup of your settings for restore later.
        Backup:

Restore:

2.) Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
        1. Close all running applications.
        2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
        3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 6.5 and click Remove.
        4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 6.5" located under Start --> My Documents.
        5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
        6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
        7. Reboot your machine.
        8. Once these steps are completed, download NT6.5 from the link below:
          Download
        After this, test the clean install BEFORE restoring your backup file. If it is ok, you can try the restore.
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks
          Pete
          Hi Pete,

Try deleting this instrument from the Instrument Manager.

Then, in an open chart, type APA and hit enter. This will reload the instrument.

Comment

Alright!
            this is totally bizarre but I just ran a test from June 08 to now and it showed all the gapped data that wasnt working when I ran from Jan1 to now. Then I ran the same test that wasn't working and now it works.
            Have no idea why this happened. Any ideas?

Comment

Alright!
              this is totally bizarre but I just ran a test from June 08 to now and it showed all the gapped data that wasnt working when I ran from Jan1 to now. Then I ran the same test that wasn't working and now it works.
              Have no idea why this happened. Any ideas?
              I am not sure why that happenned... perhaps some temporary internet or server issues blocking some data from the server?

Let me know if it happens again.

Thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post alifarahani  
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM