How To Set Alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Set Alerts

I've gone through the help files but haven't been able to figure out how to set up an alert which will go off when a price bar reaches a certain range. Thanks in advance and

Best Regards
    Chuck

Hello Chuck,

You can setup alerts in the Market Analyzer. Please see the link below for more information and an instructional video.

You would create an alert condition as per the Last Price column.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Still cant figure out what I'm missing. Tried to do this a couple months ago, with no success. I want to set a price alert, so that if I step away for lunch, etc, I can get an email on my Blackberry and then return to my pc to look at the trade. I've gone through several posts, and cannot seem to figure it out. As others have mentioned, seems like it would be a simple feature to add to future updates.

I have been able to set up alerts with PriceAlert indicator, but how do I get to email me. It would be nice if we could just click on the chart, set a price alert, and answer yes or no for options like email or popup window.

Thanks

Comment

Hello claros,

You can create a custom indicator or strategy that makes use of SendMail(). Please see the link below for more information.

I will forward your suggestion to implement alerts by default via the chart right click menu to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Comment

well I got a little closer, but still didn't get it to work. Set up a strategy, shows up as active under strategies on control panel (assuming I have the strategy correctly created). Nothing shows up for it under the log tab. Watched the help videos, that's how I got this far. Spent considerably more time on this than I should have. Really seems like there should be an easier interface to accomplish this, a feature that I would guess many traders would like. Have run into this with other software packages, great product, but you have to be a programmer to get a number of the features working. And traders get paid to trade, not program. If it's a simple fix, and I'm missing it, then thank you.

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by claros View Post
            well I got a little closer, but still didn't get it to work. Set up a strategy, shows up as active under strategies on control panel (assuming I have the strategy correctly created). Nothing shows up for it under the log tab. Watched the help videos, that's how I got this far. Spent considerably more time on this than I should have. Really seems like there should be an easier interface to accomplish this, a feature that I would guess many traders would like. Have run into this with other software packages, great product, but you have to be a programmer to get a number of the features working. And traders get paid to trade, not program. If it's a simple fix, and I'm missing it, then thank you.
            Even after going through the video and help files I still can't get this alert to work. It should be MUCH simpler than this. Other platforms are much easier to work with when it come to setting up simple alerts.

Comment

The suggestion to add such alerts by default is on the list of possible future considerations of the software.

Comment

a pop up window would be nice tools (added to the pricealert indicator).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Waxavi
                by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes