Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How much data does a strategy load in strategy tab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much data does a strategy load in strategy tab?

I have a multi-timeframe strategy, primary on 5 min and a filter on daily bar. This strategy requires 20 day daily data to run. If I run it on a chart, I am able to select the ‘format data series’ to load enough data I need. If I want to run it directly in strategies tab (without a chart) will it load enough data? If not, how can I select data series for a strategy on strategies tab?

Originally posted by stephen_mcse View Post
    I have a multi-timeframe strategy, primary on 5 min and a filter on daily bar. This strategy requires 20 day daily data to run. If I run it on a chart, I am able to select the ‘format data series’ to load enough data I need. If I want to run it directly in strategies tab (without a chart) will it load enough data? If not, how can I select data series for a strategy on strategies tab?
    Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Yes, you can right click in your chart and select "Format Data Series" to set up the historical data you need before adding the strategy.

2.) You can also set the "Min. bars required" in the Stratagies tab.

More information on running a NinjaScript strategy from the chart: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...romAChart.html

More information on running a NinjaScript strategy from the Strategies tab: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tegiesTab.html
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Rjstein,

My question is: Does 'Min. bars required' apply to all time frame of the strategy? In my case, my primary time frame is 5 min, but I need 'Min bars required' apply to daily bar. In my test, it looks like it only load the default 15 day minute bar data, but the strategy requires 20 day daily data, so nothing happened in the strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen_mcse View Post
        My question is: Does 'Min. bars required' apply to all time frame of the strategy?
        ----> Yes, you must have at least the min bars required for all time frames before the strategy will work.
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by abdo22, Yesterday, 03:15 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
        Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 02:09 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes