real time Data (price) discreptencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

real time Data (price) discreptencies

I am running ninjatrader, IB TWS, and Tradestation. I noticed several times today that IB & TS would have the same price and Ninjatrader would be 3 ticks higher. It lasted for over a minute. As the price moved lower with IB & TS, the price moved lower with Ninjatrader as well but it remained 2-3 ticks higher.

I can understand a 1 tick difference because ES moves fast, but 3 ticks? I'm concerned because I was looking at a TS chart and I entered my order with the ninjatrader DOM and it's weird when I "loose" 3 ticks like that. My fill was a full 1 pt higher than the price showing on TS & IB.

I'm using Zen-fire. Is there an explanation why there would be a 3 tick difference? As I'm writing this right now it's happening again. IB & TS are showing 930 and Ninjatrader is showing 929.25.

Can you please verify you watch the same instrument in all three applications. For example, ensure the ES 06-09 is plotted in all three applications and not one application holds the ES continuous contract.

Did you check a NinjaTrader chart? If so, please check what value is used for 'Display update interval (sec)'. Try zero and check again.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Shortly after posting this I got the orange light on my connection and NT slowed down to a crawl. I saw it taking 1.2 gigs of memory so I had to exit and restart. Maybe that's what happened?

Comment

The orange color indicates NinjaTrader is not connected correctly to your data feed. It could be related.

Let me know if the issue persists after restarting NinjaTrader.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          The orange color indicates NinjaTrader is not connected correctly to your data feed. It could be related.

Let me know if the issue persists after restarting NinjaTrader.
          They are perfectly in sync now. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 07:05 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ETFVoyageur  
          Started by Orion815, 05-02-2024, 08:39 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Orion815