Merge data ...................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merge data ...................

Don't know why this is always a night mare , but would like links to instructions or any helpful hints to make it work . Should have at least
    6 months of saved minute data but can't find it . Do I need daily data ?

T2020, I'm not sure I follow - did you check those instructions > http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...eV6/Merge.html

I would suggest checking the needed data is download fully for the to be merged contracts and then you disconnect from any connection before starting the 'Merge' process.

Not all connections offer daily data access, you can check this grid to see what is supported per connection - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the links . I have " Store real-time bar data " checked . Shouldn't
      that data be stored in Mydocuments somewhere ? Under db there is data ,but
      it stops at 20090119 . ??

Comment

If you checked this, the data received in realtime is stored in your NinjaTrader.mdb file. The data you refer to would be recorded Market Replay data.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          If you checked this, the data received in realtime is stored in your NinjaTrader.mdb file. The data you refer to would be recorded Market Replay data.
          Is there a way to view the mdb file ? I get an " unrecognized format " when
          I try to check what data is there .

Comment

Unfortunately not, we would advise not to 'touch' this critical file.

If you want to check for data consistency, do an export under Tools > Historical Data > Export

Comment

I have exported my ES data for the last 3 months.
              I have it saved in a text file.
              Yet when I go to merge it with the new contract.
              I get this.Can you tell me why its such a monumental task to simply merge a text file of OHLC tick data into my current chart.
              I really am to be honest sick of this, you don't need to do this on tradestation.I am not trying to load day data.
              I am trying to load tick data.Why is NT always checking everything, monitoring everything.
              Im over this really.WHO THE HELL ASKED IT TO CHECK FOR ADJUSTMENT FACTOR????I DIDN'T???

Comment

Merge Data

I must add my 2 cents worth here ....... its a dreadfull time at rollover to get all instruments to merge data ......

Than you

Comment

I followed my own instructions from last rollover (too lazy to find the link) and miraculously was able to successfully merge data on the first try. Please try this procedure:

Connect to ZenFire and populate your charts. Select at least one chart to display the new contract.

Then disconnect.

In the merge dialogue box set the "from" field to display 06-09, "from 3/13/09 (the day AFTER the last rollover) to 6/10/09 (the day BEFORE the most recent rollover) into the 09-09 contract. This may take a bit of time.

Sorry, for some reason I cannot upload a pic of the merge dialogue box.
                  Last edited by BigAAPL; 06-12-2009, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post GLFX005
                  by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                  2 responses