How about a new Video on Merging data.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a new Video on Merging data.

Seems alot of people have trouble at contract rollover time. The Ninja Video which shows how to do this is very old and really not very clear.
    How about a new detailed video on the steps to take to correctly roll over charts.

Thanking you in advance,

Rob

Hello Rob,

Thanks for the post.

When NinjaTrader 7 is released at the end of June we will releasing alongside it a new manual and videos.

In the meantime you can follow the instructions below.

* From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
    * Highlight the contract you wish to rollover in the left side of the Instrument Manager window
    * Press the ">" button (the instrument will disappear from the list)
    * Press the "<" button and the instrument should re-appear with the front month expiration date

After adding the contract to the instrument list you will then need to select the specific contract on the chart to view the rolled over data.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the update.

The other thing that I am having problems with is merging 2 contracts together. eg. ES 6/09 into ES 9/09
      Ideally I am looking to get continuous charts going using Zen Fire data.

I use tick charts and min charts.

Would it be possible to create a detailed video on how to do this properly.

All I seem to achieve is really messed up charts that are of no use.

Thanks in advance,

Rob
      Can you provide a screenshot of a merged 610tick chart of the june/sept ES please.

Comment

Hello,

Please disconnect from your data feed so the historical data servers do not accidently refresh the data.

Then follow these instructions exactly and let me know if you get stuck:
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I dont know what I have to do to make this work... a video would be realy helpful. I've tried all sorts of things but the best I can get is the screenshot attached.

I've tried closing all screens. Deleting the data in the database. Reloading for the june ES contract and the Sept ES contract. Merging different days... I just get a jumble of the 2 contracts with all the very illiquid price movements of the forward contract messing all the charts up.

Detailed step by step help would be great!

Thank you.
          Attached Files

Comment

Only way i found to build a continuous not back-adjusted contract was :
            Export the data (tick,min) of old contract , rename the data as the new contract and re-import them.
            For instance one should export the Es 06-09 data (from previous rollover date until last week rollover day , in this case 11th of June) , rename the ascii file as ES 09-09 and reimport it. After this, one should have in the DB a continuous contract as ES 09-09.
            This procedure is a PIA and very error prone since is manual but it's viable.
            Let's see if NT 7 will have this built-in as asked form a long time.
            Let's hope .......

Comment

Hi Rob,

I tested the merge on my end and the result was a similar tick chart. You may want to try following max1c16's suggestion and importing historical data rather than merging the database.

I have included instructions on how to import historical data.
              Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for trying... does anyone know how to utelize the merge feature in Ninja so that nice clean accurate flowing charts can be displayed... otherwise... it's pretty much useless addition to the program isn't it?

Comment

Hello Rob,

Note that in NinjaTrader 7, merging will be automatic. Please see the forum thread below.

I suggest to try the suggestions posted there as well.
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jaybedreamin  
                  Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes