changing # bars on the screen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing # bars on the screen.

How do I change # bars on a OHLC/Candlestick chart?

for example, if I create a new chart and its showing 100 periods by default, I want to be able to see 200 periods...
    as I am interested in viewing bigger picture than specific bars. oh! And I know about moving to the higher time frame, but that is not something I am interested in. I want to use same time frame, just change in # bars/periods...even if reading each individual bar gets harder.

PS:- I tried changing size of the bar, but that merely changes size, does not increase # of bars significantly.

Originally posted by wantcha View Post
    How do I change # bars on a OHLC/Candlestick chart?

for example, if I create a new chart and its showing 100 periods by default, I want to be able to see 200 periods...
    as I am interested in viewing bigger picture than specific bars. oh! And I know about moving to the higher time frame, but that is not something I am interested in. I want to use same time frame, just change in # bars/periods...even if reading each individual bar gets harder.

PS:- I tried changing size of the bar, but that merely changes size, does not increase # of bars significantly.
    Hello wantcha,

Thank you for your post.

You can compress time on the X-Axis so more bars are visible on your chart with the steps below.
    • Move your mouse to the X-Axis
    • Hold down your left mouse button
    • While holding down the left mouse button move the mouse to the left to expand time
    • While holding down the left mouse button move to the right to compress time
    I have included a link below to our Help Guide that includes a great video on navigating a chart, also enhancements will be made to scaling in NinjaTrader 7 which is scheduled for BETA release at the end of this quarter.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yep! This is exactly what I was looking for...Thanks!

Is this feature documented? I couldn't find it anywhere...I think it should be documented, This is great.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post arvidvanstaey  
      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
      16 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post samish18