IQFeed and OTCBB Real Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IQFeed and OTCBB Real Time

I connect to IQFeed and I select New Chart.

Type: Stock
    Name: ASFX [also tried ONFI]
    Exchange: OTCBB
    1 Minute Bars
    1 Day Back
    Last Date: Today

Any normal stock works fine. My pinks are the problem.
    ONFI shows the price at around 3.00. That stock was trading at .08, down from .14.
    ASFX shows its price at 0.00 - A Flatline.

I think it might be an issue with the scale. Zooming in and out by scrolling the prices doesn't do anything but zoom in and out on bad data.

Hi irobotix, please try ONFI with the 'default' exchange, I then get a last price of 0.08 as you stated.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Didn't Work

I tried it and I still get the same prices. And the other stocks are just blank. Their ticks are .0001 as far as I know and there's a lot of volume today so it should be updating at least every minute.

Comment

Have you checked with IQFeed directly on this? I just tried the DOW and NASDAQ100 instrument lists and was getting data properly for them. Are you working with the latest IQ Feed client software version as recommended in the connection guide? http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_IQFeed.htm

Comment

Side Notes: I tried selecting reload historical data in the chart. When it reloads, I can see the price for a couple of seconds and then it reverts back to about 3.00.

I am completely convinced it is a software issue.
          Last edited by irobotix; 06-12-2009, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I have the newest software. Are you suggesting I'm not getting the feeds. If so, I believe I am. I opened IQFeed Diagnostics. Maybe that's the problem there. I always have it open. I doubt it, because I get the major indices just fine. It's smooth. Even the second interval works with that. Anyway, in the diagnostics, the IQFeed COM tab shows all the exchanges. Maybe I'm interpreting that wrong.

Update: I figured out how to use the diagnostics utility. I entered ASFX and ONFI in the utility and both the symbols are getting data.
            Last edited by irobotix; 06-12-2009, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Please disconnect and go to Tools > Historical Data > Delete and delete your stored data for the stock. Then reconnect and open a fresh chart and see if the data populates as expected. If this does not help, please contact me at support at ninjatrader dot com Attn Bertrand and include your IQ information so I can test it on my end. Thanks.

Comment

That didn't work.

Comment

Can you please contact me at support at ninjatrader dot com Attn Bertrand so I can test this on my end for you? Thanks!

Comment

I checked with IQFeed and I can not confirm that there is a problem with the software. I now doubt there is. IQFeed said that my Pinksheet data has not been approved yet because of some agreements that I needed to sign and fax in. So it makes sense that it was not updating but I will not be able to verify that there is not also something wrong with the software until Monday. Until then it's just speculation.

Comment

irobotix, thanks for reporting back here - please ring my bell on this if issues should arise next week after the data access has been permissioned.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                      Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                      6 responses
                      0 likes