Can't run "unlocked" strategies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't run "unlocked" strategies.

I can't run unlocked strategies on my computer. I was able to before, but no longer. In the backtester they give me no data. I created a new strategy and ran it before it was unlocked and after. After it didn't work before it did. So I did that a few more times to verify the problem. Has anyone experienced this before?

Hello,

I have never heard of this happening before. By unlock I assume you mean, that you are unlocking the code via the Wizard. Try right clicking the code>compile, then right click>save as.

If that doesn't work, post the strategy file (File>Utilities>export) I'll test it on my end.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well when I went to export it told me the cs files it was going to include and that's where I found my problem. I had an SMA indicator in there, but I removed it. It still says that it will export the SMA.cs file with it though. I think this is causing the error. I'm going to rewrite the code from scratch, no copypasta and see if that solves this problem. If not, I'll export some and send it your way.

Thanks.
      Zach

Edit:

Oh my gosh. I'm sorry. I figured it out, I have a time period that I only want to trade in. And I removed the ToTime function from the one side to make it calculate faster. So I was doing ToTime[0] >= 83000, only I had tacked on an extra zero there after a big code revamp and that's what was messing it up. Alright, well sorry to be a bother. Have a good one.
      Last edited by zwentz; 06-13-2009, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by RubenCazorla, 08-30-2022, 06:36 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post PaulMohn  
      Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 12:14 PM
      9 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post f.saeidi