Automated exit order is filled late

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automated exit order is filled late

I am a newbie, so please bare with me, When working with an automated strategy I am finding that the orders are always being executed one bar after the close of the current bar. Is there a offset feature for this?
    Also, how do I program the start and finish of the automated trading in a intraday enviroment. eg. start at xx and finish at xx. Thank you for your help.

Hello,

If you are backtesting, you cannot change what bar the strategy executes on. It will executes AFTER the criteria is met, therefore it has to be on the bar AFTER the bar where the criteria is met.

If you are forward testing or trading live, change the strategy so that is runs with CalculateOnBarClose = false and see if that helps:

This link will help with your section question:
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

re-auto trading

Thank you for the reply. I had made sure to have the "calculate on Bar close off" when working with the ninjascript wizard. The execution is still coming way at the end of the 10 min. bar even in live mode. I am not sure what settings need to be changed.

Comment

leyland,

Ensure you are running a new instance of the strategy. You will enter trades when your conditions are true. If they are true at the end of the bar then it will trade then.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Re auto reading

Thanks Josh. I've have done all that. I guess what I am wondering is this: I am running a 10 minute chart, I have a number of conditions that all have to be met for an order to be triggered. I would like the order to be placed in "real time" a soon as this happens instead of at the end of a 10 minute bar. Can I do this?

Comment

Are you backtesting or in realtime? When backtesting you can only trade at the end of each bar because you do not have intrabar information.

Comment

Hi Josh. I am doing both. However, it is in real time that I am still noticing the 1 bar delay problem. I am wondering if I may have missed something with my settings? I just set up an account with IB. Is there a special setup that I may not have done with them? In a perfect world, should I be able to do what I am asking in regards to the real time scenario on the 10 minute chart. Thanks you for your time.

Comment

In real-time you should not see end of bar closing if your conditions are true intrabar. I suggest you use Print() functions to see what is happening with your OnBarUpdate() method.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post chbruno
                by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM