Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

"HEADS UP" : Connecting Ninja 6.5 to TradeStation 8.6 (2525)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those of you who rely on Ninja Trader to do your Replay work with TradeStation data, may NOT want to upgrade to TradeStations latest version, 8.6 (2525). I believe TradeStation is beginning to roll out this latest and greatest version as I type this. So I am hopeful that Ninja Trader's Support Team here can jump on this problem before it becomes a much larger issue with their Ninja Trader/TradeStation Customer Base here.

I am sure you all remember the "Reentrancy" bug that Ninja was able to track down and fix for us. That was working fine when I was running the "older" versions of TradeStation, such as 8.4, 8.5, etc. HOWEVER, I have been Beta testing TradeStations latest version, 8.6, and I wanted to let you all know that there is another "Bug" somewhere because the Strategy that we all use to drive data to Ninja no longer "Connects" between Ninja and TradeStation.

Please Note: I do not get any ERROR MESSAGE all, it just does not populate the DOM within Ninja. So this is NOT the same issue that we all had with that Reentrancy deal. This appears to now be a "NEW Bug" that has just surfaced within TradeStations latest version, 8.6 and Ninja 6.5.

If someone from Ninja Trader Support could reply to this message and let me know if they are aware of this problem and if so, what I need to do to fix it, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.

Packer

(I apologize in advance if this has previously been brought up here in the Forum, but my quick glance and searches did not turn up anything specific to this issue as described above.)

Thanks for heads up. Please let us know if there is an issue with final TS 8.6 version. TradeStation changes things back and forth these days, we would not want to invest on time what might be a beta/temporary issue.

Also: If an issue persists please let us know how to exactly reproduce. Thanks

Comment

Hi Dierk,

I am sorry, I should have been more clear below in my original post. TradeStation is currently rolling out version 8.6 (2525) to customers. So it is no longer a Beta version.

The easiest way to describe this to you in terms of what it is doing is to walk through the steps I had been doing in the past, with versions 8.4, 8.5 etc. I have always started Ninja Trader first, and Opened up the Connect to External Feed option. Then I start TradeStation, and turn on the Strategy that drives the data connection between TS and Ninja. In that past, before the "RE-Entrancy" issue was resolved, this would be where we would then see that error message pop up telling us about this re-entrancy problem. Now that this issue has been fixed, I was not having any issues with my previous TS version, which was 8.4.

I then move to 8.6 and now when I follow those same steps, I don't get any error message at all, it simply does not populate the Ninja Order DOM. In fact, I have even changed around the steps outlined above, thinking that might do the trick, but no success. So there appears to be something within TradeStations latest version 8.6 that is "different" than their earlier versions, 8.4, 8.5, etc, that is now causing this communication problem with Ninja.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide you to help you diagnose and fix this problem. I am sure as they roll out this latest version, you folks will be hearing from more and more customers about this issue. Hence the reason for my "Heads Up" message in the first place. Thank you in advance for looking into fixing this issue.

Packer

Comment

Please try this:
        - close all TS charts
        - open a 1 min chart on TS for MSFT
        - wait until markets are open (after 09:30 EST)
        - start NT and make sure you have MSFT selected on the Control Center (NOT (!) the DOM)
        - connect NT to external data feed
        - add NTExternalDatafeed to your TS MSFT chart
        - the mini grid in NT control center now should populate with data for MSFT

Comment

Dierk,

I followed your instructions as you laid them out and the "connection" works fine when loading MSFT. It populates the Control Panel Page "and" the DOM as well. However, when I follow that same process to connect for example to the Sept Contract for YM, it does not work. It does not populate the Control Panel, nor the Dom.

By the way, connecting the Futures Contracts is what I have always done under TradeStations versions 8.4 and 8.5, and followed the process as you have laid out above, and it "Use Too" work. Not sure what has changed, but clearly something has in this version 8.6 of TradeStations. Thanks for the help Dierk.

Please advise on next steps, hope this helps...

Packer
          Last edited by Packer; 06-16-2009, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Thanks for clarification. So it's not a "connection" issue but a setup issue related to the YM. A member of our support team will follow up shortly.

Comment

Dierk,

I just added some comments to my initial reply below, so maybe that will help. Thanks for all your support in helping us to fix this issue.

Packer

Comment

Dierk,

Again, not sure if this helps you or not. But I have gone through and "re-done" the Symbol Mapping as well as just tried to link up the "non-continuous" contract within TS and Ninja, and still no success.

As I said when I started this thread, this connection issue with respect to the Futures Contracts began when TS moved to 8.6 and was also an issue long before we came about to roll over here for the Sept contract. I can literally connect fine in 8.4 TS, but as soon as I move to 8.6, the connection fails. Hope this helps...

Packer

Comment

Hello Packer,

Can you please tell me where you can find TradeStation 8.6. When I log into the website, I can only select version 8.3 (1634), 8.4(1693) and 8.5(2289) under TradeStation Platform-->Download Platform.

I have version 8.5 installed and downloaded and installed the 'critical update' but TradeStation remain on version 8.5 after installing the patch version 8.05.00.2289.

Under What's New in TradeStation, I see version 8.6 listed, but do not see where to download this version.

As per the YM 09-09, can you please confirm you inserted the NTExternalFeed into the TradeStation YMU9 chart.

Make sure the YM is using correct symbol mapping in the Instrument Manager. Highlight the YM in the 'Available master instruments' section and click Edit. Click the Misc-tab and ensure YM is entered next to 'External Feed'.
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

feeding data 4 TS 8.6

Hello,
                    This is shivaprasad, a new member of d site. Im a budding tech analyst, presently using metastack 9.2 with quote centre data feed. I have acquired TRADESTATION 8.6 (2525 BUILT). Please can any body advise me how to pump/ feed the data in to it (4 indian equity mkt).Im an illitrate in IT(programming, cracking), but know dt TS 8.6 is not ment for equity mkt of india. So please guys help me out, im ready to receprocate u in any manner i can. i can be reached at [email protected] /9535836589/ forskype; shivsportive26
                    thanks
                    shivaprasad

Comment

Originally posted by Packer View Post
                      Dierk,

I followed your instructions as you laid them out and the "connection" works fine when loading MSFT. It populates the Control Panel Page "and" the DOM as well. However, when I follow that same process to connect for example to the Sept Contract for YM, it does not work. It does not populate the Control Panel, nor the Dom.

By the way, connecting the Futures Contracts is what I have always done under TradeStations versions 8.4 and 8.5, and followed the process as you have laid out above, and it "Use Too" work. Not sure what has changed, but clearly something has in this version 8.6 of TradeStations. Thanks for the help Dierk... .

Packer
                      Hi packer
                      please help me out if r succeded in using TS 8.6(2525 built). advise me abt method followed 4 feeding data to it. awaiting 4 affirmative responce
                      shivaprasad ([email protected])

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                        Hello Packer,

Can you please tell me where you can find TradeStation 8.6. When I log into the website, I can only select version 8.3 (1634), 8.4(1693) and 8.5(2289) under TradeStation Platform-->Download Platform.

I have version 8.5 installed and downloaded and installed the 'critical update' but TradeStation remain on version 8.5 after installing the patch version 8.05.00.2289.

Under What's New in TradeStation, I see version 8.6 listed, but do not see where to download this version.

As per the YM 09-09, can you please confirm you inserted the NTExternalFeed into the TradeStation YMU9 chart.

Make sure the YM is using correct symbol mapping in the Instrument Manager. Highlight the YM in the 'Available master instruments' section and click Edit. Click the Misc-tab and ensure YM is entered next to 'External Feed'.
                        Hi, Jason
                        I can forword u d link to download TRADESTATION 8.6 (2525 built), let me know ur mail id, but pls guide me how to use dis version (pumping data feed). u can catch me on [email protected]
                        shivaprasad

Comment

Hello shivaprasad,

Please follow the instructions to feed NinjaTrader with TradeStation data at the link below.

Make sure you insert the 'NTExternalFeed' into the TradeStation chart that holds the same instrument you like to receive data in NinjaTrader.

In addition, check if the symbol mapping in NinjaTrader is setup correctly.
                          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

@shivsportive26: I removed your posts, since we do not accept violating 3rd party licensing agreements. Sharing licensed software would fall under that category.

Please contact the respective vendor of that software if you needed a license.

Comment

I use Mirus as my broker and ZenFire for my data provider (thru Mirus) but ZenFire is futures only data and I need to be able to have up a NYSE $tick chart which I currently have up thru Tradestation.

Can I run 2 data feeds at 1 time so I can have my regular charts and trading thru zenfire and only view a NYSE $tick chart in ninja with TS data?

If I use TS for my ninja $tick chart, will I be able to see that chart when I run market replay? During the day I can see the tick chart thru TS... I really only need this feature so I can see the tick chart when I do market replay.

If so, how do I set it up run 2 data feeds at one time?

Todd

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Jon17
                              by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM