Queries on NT and PATS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Queries on NT and PATS

Hi, I have some queries on Ninja Trader 6.5 and PATS (through MF Global UK). I have searched the forums but keep getting old hits on some of these subjects so I reckon the answers may have changed:

1. Is it possible to trade exchange listed spreads like the WTI Brent spread (ICE) or the normal calendar spreads?
    2. Is it possible to get historical continuation charts on the these and also for the outright contracts?
    (According to this: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...HistoricalData historical daily data is available with PATS, how long does this go back?)
    3. If historical continuation charts isn't available is it possible to solve the problem and get a seamless solution by using a different data provider like iqfeed or e-signal? Which one works best?
    4. Is NT7 going to support synthetic spreads?

Thanks

Hello klassej,

1. Unfortunately spreads are not supported in NinjaTrader 6.5

2. Historical data unfortunately is not supported with Patsystems. You can create continuous chart using the merge function. More information can be found at the link below.

If the data feed supports continuous contracts, you can plot them in NinjaTrader as well using the '##-##' expiry in the Instrument Manager upon adding an instrument to your instrument list.

3. Both support continuous contracts, which you can plot in NinjaTrader.

4. I am not sure. I have sent a note to Development to verify.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Could you please clarify 'synthetic spreads'.

There will be no changes in what we support with Patsystems regarding version 6.5 and 7.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

A spread that's defined in the application and not traded as such on the exchange. Could be one calendar spread minus another for example.

So are you saying that future spreads, including exchange traded ones, won't be supported at all in the next release? (or are you implying that spreads are supported but not with PATS?)

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
        Could you please clarify 'synthetic spreads'.

There will be no changes in what we support with Patsystems regarding version 6.5 and 7.

Comment

Unfortunately NinjaTrader will not support exchange traded spreads in NT7 or earlier.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
          7 responses
          1 like
          Last Post caryc123  
          Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes