Demo, Live, Direct etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demo, Live, Direct etc

Can someone please explain how these license keys really work?

I downloaded to my laptop what I will call a DEMO from AMP Future and have been playing around with it incuding creating and editing indicators.

I then funded my account with them and started trading live. No ATM..fine.

But, as I posted elsewhere...no indicator creating/editing.

I would like Ninja on my desktop as well in case laptop crashes.

I thought I could have one live license on one hard drive on my PC and the "DEMO" on another hard drive on the same PC. As one of the NT tech stated..."probably won't work".

A suggestion I received was to just switch out the live license key to a demo key when I need to alter an indicator.

Now I just read somewhere on the board that there is something called a DIRECT license. What is that?

Oh, and I have also received a PM stating that the user gets the indicator functions with their free license.

What's the deal? Is it AMP?

Thanks
    V.

Originally posted by VinnyB View Post
    Can someone please explain how these license keys really work?

I downloaded to my laptop what I will call a DEMO from AMP Future and have been playing around with it incuding creating and editing indicators.

I then funded my account with them and started trading live. No ATM..fine.

But, as I posted elsewhere...no indicator creating/editing.

I would like Ninja on my desktop as well in case laptop crashes.

I thought I could have one live license on one hard drive on my PC and the "DEMO" on another hard drive on the same PC. As one of the NT tech stated..."probably won't work".

A suggestion I received was to just switch out the live license key to a demo key when I need to alter an indicator.

Now I just read somewhere on the board that there is something called a DIRECT license. What is that?

Oh, and I have also received a PM stating that the user gets the indicator functions with their free license.

What's the deal? Is it AMP?

Thanks
    V.
    Vinny, The license you recieved from AMP for the DEMO will be different from the license you will recieve from Ninja.

In order to trade live thru AMP you are going to need to pay for Ninja, if you have not already done so. Ninja will give you a new license key to begin trading. You will probably need to set up and reconfigure your connection wizard. Once you do, all features (indicators, strategies, and ATM) will be fully fuctional. You can have two instances of Ninja on two workstations, but only connected one at a time as Ninja verifies licenses at its servers. So, you can have one installed on your desktop PC in the event of a laptop crash or disconnect. Forget the Direct version, $60.00 per month for the full featured version and you get all the toys with a Zen Fire feed.

You should have gotten the full featured version with AMP's demo, but now you are live so what's the point?
    Last edited by BigAAPL; 06-15-2009, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Hi,

What you have is the NT Direction Edition license. This is a Free Live license which is provided by Zen-Fire brokers. This license has certain limitations. You won't have any ATM strategies or NinjaScript features available.

If you want to have this available and trade Live you need to purchase a Live license from us.

If you want to use all features but stay in Sim mode you can use the Free Edition license.
      Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

It's not the $60 per.

Here's the point:

That page implies that the ONLY difference b/n the two versions is the ATM strategies not that [all of a sudden] you'll also lose some other features.

Oh...and so does this page:

ADVANCED charting includes indicator development.

It's not a big deal, but...

If I didn't receive a PM from someone telling me that they are trading live, NOT paying, AND can create/indicators, I wouldn't have asked; but I don't want to be the only jackass not getting something I should.

V.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rjbtrade1, 11-30-2023, 04:38 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DavidHP
        by DavidHP

Started by Spiderbird, Today, 12:15 PM
        1 response