NT and Virtual Desktop doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT and Virtual Desktop doesn't work

In order to isolate the NT window behavior from the rest of my applications I would like to use a virtual desktop manager. I've tried a couple and NT does not work with them...not even the one from Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/D...powertoys.mspx see the Virtual Desktop Manager I cannot right click on a chart without a popup error and no function, or anywhere and other mouse controls do also not work. Can this be fixed? I would like NT to peacefully coexist with the other applications and to use the standard API, like other applications, for interfacing with the mouse, etc. Please advise.

more info

It will work the first time but when the virtual desktop leaves and returns then the problem exists.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtle Trader View Post
      It will work the first time but when the virtual desktop leaves and returns then the problem exists.
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

What NT windows behavior are you referring to?
      Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT Windows behavior

The NT windows behavior I am trying to "tame" is that each chart window is opened independently of the other. If I have several other applications running this is a mess. I like many features of NT, but I am going to evaluate other platforms to see if any have your trading features plus a more modern interface. If you would like to see a good chart interface....test the FXCM trading platform (forex). All the charts open within one window, each with their own tab. It would even be better if the account info was also in the same window as the charts, with its own tab. (Another good example is having multiple tabs open in Firefox. No need anymore for independent windows. That is preferably how all applications should work...just one Window, with tabs.) I look at several time frames on one symbol at a time...and need multiple charts open. The behavior with Windows Desktop Manager is that after the first toggle away, then back to the virtual window, some of the mouse functions no longer work in NT, right mouse click, et cetera.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and the clarification.

Unfortunately, no such option currently exists in NinjaTrader. I will forward this suggestion on to our development team for further consideration.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post hazylizard  
          Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes