Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Variable contract when executing automated trading.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variable contract when executing automated trading.

Dear Sir,

Greetings to you from Malaysia. I need a little help with my automated trading system. Currently I am Buying/Selling 1 contract.

I need to vary the contract size. Each time I lose I need to double my contract size. However when I win the contract size should be returned to 1.

Request your goodself to help me with the codes. Thanks

Kumar

Kumar,

You can check to see if you made a winning or losing trade by checking the Trade class for performance. If it is a winner you can set your quantity to 1, else increment it up for your next trade.

Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Variable contract size

Hello Josh,

Greetings from Malaysia. I need to add the variable contract logic into the program, and am not sure on the syntax.

The logic is very simple: Each time I lose I need to double the contract size, however when I win I need to make the contract size back to 1.

I understand you said about checking the TRADE CLASS for Perfomance but since I am not very familiar with the syntax i am not able to include it in the program.

Request your assistance to write the codes for me so I can then embed them in the program and recompile it. Regards

Kumar.

Comment

Kumar,

Create your own variable for quantity. Start off at whatever you want it to start off as. Check if your last trade was a winner or loser and then make the appropriate changes to your quantity variable. Then submit new orders.

Please look at any of the already installed indicators you have in NinjaTrader to see how to use variables.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
          Kumar,

You can check to see if you made a winning or losing trade by checking the Trade class for performance. If it is a winner you can set your quantity to 1, else increment it up for your next trade.

http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...radeClass.html
          Could you please show me an example. Cheersmate.

Comment

Unfortunately we're not aware of a specific sample for your situation, but for a general idea you can check out this one - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=4084

And this thread - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ad.php?t=11614
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by kumarkar88 View Post
              Hello Josh,

Greetings from Malaysia. I need to add the variable contract logic into the program, and am not sure on the syntax.

The logic is very simple: Each time I lose I need to double the contract size, however when I win I need to make the contract size back to 1.

I understand you said about checking the TRADE CLASS for Perfomance but since I am not very familiar with the syntax i am not able to include it in the program.

Request your assistance to write the codes for me so I can then embed them in the program and recompile it. Regards

Kumar.

Dear Sir,

Greetings to you sir from Malaysia. I have a small logic and need to translate it into C#

If my previous trade is successful
              Then DEFAULT-QTY = 1
              else
              DEFAULT-QTY = DEFAULT-QTY x 2.

I was told that I should check the TRADE CLASS to ascertain if my earlier trade was successful. Would appreciated your guidance as it would take me about 20flying hours for me to get to your office.

Cheersmate.
              Kumar
              Tel: 60196644285

Comment

Kumar,

If you wish for custom programming services please consider one of the 3rd party NinjaScript Consultants here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

Unfortunately we do not offer this service directly. For Trade class, you would want to take a look at the Help Guide articles on it for how to use it in your code: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...radeClass.html
                Please look at the example in the article. All you need to do is look at that variable for lastProfit. If its positive then the trade was a winner, otherwise its a loser.

There is a reference sample demonstrating the concept here: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=4084

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes