• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT version 6.5.1000.11 and Futures Betting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    If that were true I would also agree but that definitely is not true. Broker adapters are very complicated to get to work 100% correctly and that is why NinjaTrader assumes this responsibility. Somewhere here you posted that the adapters is 95% complete. Well the last 5% of a project generally takes 80% of the effort and it is the last 5% that is most crucial. We cannot take any chances that OCOs do not get canceled, positions are reported accurately and that every actions is closed loop. Next, we offered this solution for almost 2 years and it was minimally used. NinjaTrader has to take on projects based on resources available and business pportunity. Perhaps we will revisit this in the future since I do see spread betting growing but it is not in our near term plans as previously specified.
    JohnNinjaTrader Customer Service

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_John View Post
      If that were true I would also agree but that definitely is not true. Broker adapters are very complicated to get to work 100% correctly and that is why NinjaTrader assumes this responsibility. Somewhere here you posted that the adapters is 95% complete. Well the last 5% of a project generally takes 80% of the effort and it is the last 5% that is most crucial. We cannot take any chances that OCOs do not get canceled, positions are reported accurately and that every actions is closed loop. Next, we offered this solution for almost 2 years and it was minimally used. NinjaTrader has to take on projects based on resources available and business pportunity. Perhaps we will revisit this in the future since I do see spread betting growing but it is not in our near term plans as previously specified.
      John,

      Assuming you're replying to me, your post throws up so many questions. There is a huge difference between an API that is finished, has been live for two years (you wouldn't have run it for two years without some testing and confidence now would you?) and has a couple of bugs that need fixing, and an API that is 95% coded and is unfinished. Now, the API we were talking about is the former, and it's disingenuous to take my words to imply the latter.

      Your post also implies a definite policy of not supporting spread betting in general rather than the specific broker we were talking about. That would be a new one to me so could you please confirm (and it would be really nice to know the reasons why, rather than just 'we have no plans')

      You are presumably aware that PS futures products were treated exactly like futures in Ninja, so saying you support futures but not spread betting doesn't really work as an argument either.

      thanks
      Dave

      Comment


        #33
        Dave, I am not trying to make this difficult so I'll take a different approach. NinjaTrader only adds a few new broker technology each year, there are specific reason why a vendor gets selected which I am not going to review here and it has been decided not to add ProSpreads at this time nor are we looking to schedule it for the future. However, we may add a spreadbetting brokerage solution in the future and it might be ProSpreads at that time but no decisions, other than we are not doing it now, have been made.
        JohnNinjaTrader Customer Service

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by NinjaTrader_John View Post
          Dave, I am not trying to make this difficult so I'll take a different approach. NinjaTrader only adds a few new broker technology each year, there are specific reason why a vendor gets selected which I am not going to review here and it has been decided not to add ProSpreads at this time nor are we looking to schedule it for the future. However, we may add a spreadbetting brokerage solution in the future and it might be ProSpreads at that time but no decisions, other than we are not doing it now, have been made.
          OK John, so you're not really prepared to confirm or deny NT's policy on spread betting.

          You know, my post about the API and 95% wasn't really directed at Ninja, it was directed at the poster who implied it was Ninja policy to not go with spread betting at the moment. I simply said I believed PS became non supported because both parties couldn't come together to fix the one or two issues in the API.

          Comment


            #35
            I was one of those using that connector. It was a strong reason for buying the licence at the time. It worked but was a bit too unreliable. I would say that given that unreliability it's no surprise to me that it did not become popular. Although I know FB wanted it to work, fixes were not really forthcoming (for whatever reason). Then, just when it seemed like someone had decided to get it sorted out... the credit crunch happened and FB had to re-incarnate. Then when they got back, I suppose other things took priority at the time... for them and me.
            In any case, a significant number of us are wanting this service now. You say it is not planned. Fine.
            What I'm trying to really find out is how do we get it planned?? Since you already have a nearly complete version, you must be able to estimate how much work would be required to make it ready for full use. Create that estimate and lets see if we can do anything to help make it happen.... yes I mean testing resource, money for development, whatever. Give us some options.
            We want to make it happen; not just chill and wait years for it.

            Comment


              #36
              Dave, thanks for the clarification but unfortunately it is not 1 or 2 issues, there is more to it. Regardless though, it is not something we are looking to pursue at this time and it is undecided for the future. I will also reply to Vic next.
              JohnNinjaTrader Customer Service

              Comment


                #37
                Vic, there are many items involved in selecting which new broker technologies we will support. We have made a business decision not to support ProSpreads and that is not going to change anytime soon if ever. I know that is not the response you and Dave want but I am just telling you like it is since if we did allocate resources to this project they would have to be pulled from other projects and than those people would be upset. Unfortunately we cannot always do everything clients want and in this case it is the people who have requested ProSpreads support.
                JohnNinjaTrader Customer Service

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by NinjaTrader_John View Post
                  Dave, thanks for the clarification but unfortunately it is not 1 or 2 issues, there is more to it. Regardless though, it is not something we are looking to pursue at this time and it is undecided for the future. I will also reply to Vic next.
                  It may well be 3, John, but technically with the API it was at most 2 or 3 issues. I should know since I practically tested these problems for you with my own money. Now you may well have other issues not specifically related to the API, and since I have to read between the lines, it's clear that you do, but it's shame that you can't just say so.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_John View Post
                    Vic, there are many items involved in selecting which new broker technologies we will support. We have made a business decision not to support ProSpreads and that is not going to change anytime soon if ever.
                    There's the real policy. It's a shame we couldn't be told this when it was decided on, which was undoubtedly quite a while ago.

                    I know that is not the response you and Dave want but I am just telling you like it is since if we did allocate resources to this project they would have to be pulled from other projects and than those people would be upset. Unfortunately we cannot always do everything clients want and in this case it is the people who have requested ProSpreads support.
                    John, just be straight, if you wanted to schedule it you could and everyone else who was scheduled for work would be fine with it because they'd know the work was scheduled.

                    The bottom line is, you don't want to do it now or probably ever, for some reason which we can't be told.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      OK... since you have little commercial interest in doing it, will you at least make the source code available under an open-source license and agree that if we can get ProSpreads co-operation, you won't block it being used with NT7?

                      Comment


                        #41
                        No, we would not provide or allow this to be done.
                        JohnNinjaTrader Customer Service

                        Comment

                        Latest Posts

                        Collapse

                        Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Erwin Beckers, 11-04-2018, 02:39 AM
                        4 responses
                        69 views
                        2 likes
                        Last Post brucerobinson  
                        Started by ntbone, Today, 01:25 AM
                        0 responses
                        5 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post ntbone
                        by ntbone
                         
                        Started by bomanpbm, Yesterday, 09:27 PM
                        0 responses
                        5 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post bomanpbm  
                        Started by tgn55, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
                        0 responses
                        11 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post tgn55
                        by tgn55
                         
                        Started by ballboy11, 05-04-2019, 10:26 AM
                        6 responses
                        61 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Kermit
                        by Kermit
                         
                        Working...
                        X