NT version 6.5.1000.11 and Futures Betting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FuturesBetting (now Pro Spreads) is unfortunately no longer supporting the NinjaTrader connectivity to its servers, citing problems within NT that cause issues with limit orders.

I see in the release notes that version 6.5.1000.11 contains new time out values to interact better with Pro Spread servers.

Will NinjaTrader, the company, be discussing this new release with Pro Spreads to convince them to restablish NT connectivity with their trading platform?

Thanks

Chris

Thanks for the heads up. We'll follow up shortly.

Comment

Hi Dierk

Is there any news about this yet?

Thanks

Chris

Comment

Sorry for the delay. You will get a reply today.

Comment

Thanks for your patience. We spoke with Futures Betting and they informed us that they did not disable connectivity to their servers. That is what their General Manager told us. Best you go back to them and ask why you are unable to connect.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Ray. An intriguing situation.

Chris

Comment

Futuresbetting now Prospreads

I noticed that since Futuresbetting changed their name and website to ProSpreads, they have dropped all reference on their website to Ninja as a supported platform.

I have been advised by them that there has been price freezing and disconnection problems with a couple of users but they have not stopped the use of Ninja. As at the time of writing it is possible to connect to their servers using 6.5 1000.8.

I note that since the name change they are strongly pushing their own platform via online seminars. I hope that we do not lose them as a Ninja broker.

Comment

Any chance for at least 1 (ONE) spread betting broker?

Does anyone currently use preospreads.com? Please tell me if all the hype and advertising claims match your personal experience of this company or rather division of London capital group. Thanks

post #43 and #45

It seems like there is/will be not even one spreadbetting broker available.
                ProSpreads (futturesbetting.com) is quite likely to quit using NT especially now when they have their own platform. They don't offer it as automated trading platform and they won't even allow upgrades (NT7?)

Can you advise if there is any chance you will have new company for spread betting (the spreadbetting market in UK is still increasing)

Thanks

Comment

There are currently no plans to continue support for ProSpreads and we do not have plans to add another spread betting partner. However, once NT7 is released we will discuss the possibility of re-adding ProSpreads or an alternate spread betting company but there are no guarantees that one will be supported. JG
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_John; 08-25-2009, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I hope so

Thank you for the information - I hope you will be able to provide at least one spread betting company in the end.
                    I didn't plan to start live connection before NT7 so personally I don't mind waiting a bit

For your consideration (to add some arguments for spread betting provider with NT):

And (www.financial-spread-betting.com):
                    The spread betting industry is now a multi-million pound industry and there are more than 1 million spread betting account holders in the UK alone and firms multiplying simultaneously. Betfair estimates that the global audience for spread betting and CFDs is about Ł650m per annum retail operator revenue, growing at a rate of about 20 to 30 per cent per annum.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_John View Post
                      There are currently no plans to continue support for ProSpreads and we do not have plans to add another spread betting partner. However, once NT7 is released we will discuss the possibility of re-adding ProSpreads or an alternate spread betting company but there are no guarantees that one will be supported. JG
                      Hello,

Saying there are no plans to continue support for ProSpreads, buried in this thread is a very low key way of saying "we are removing support for prospreads"

Why is this happening? Despite the problems are you aware that some people are using this? Why not leave it on and tell people to use it at their own risk?

Comment

ProSpreads Support

Hello Dave:

We have never supported ProSpreads. We had supported Futuresbetting which evolved into ProSpreads at which time incompatibilities between our products were introduced. We did not remove support at that time so people had a chance to transition to an alternate platform but removed support recently. Support was removed because stating "use at your own risk" does not actually remove liability.

NinjaTrader will consider adding a new spreadbetting firm (or revisit ProSpreads) in the future but there are no plans to do so at this time.

Sincerely,

John

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_John View Post
                          Hello Dave:

We have never supported ProSpreads. We had supported Futuresbetting which evolved into ProSpreads at which time incompatibilities between our products were introduced. We did not remove support at that time so people had a chance to transition to an alternate platform but removed support recently. Support was removed because stating "use at your own risk" does not actually remove liability.

NinjaTrader will consider adding a new spreadbetting firm (or revisit ProSpreads) in the future but there are no plans to do so at this time.

Sincerely,

John
                          John,

Saying you have never supported ProSpreads is highly disingenuous. You supported FuturesBetting and they simply changed their name to proSpreads. They did not 'evolve' - their platform, systems, staff etc all stayed the same.

I am not aware of any incompatibilities introduced at the time of the name change. Could you tell me what they are?

regards
                          Dave

Comment

ProSpreads Support

Dave,

I am being completely straight forward with you. We had supported FBc for a few years and they went on hiatus for a while. When they returned, they reformed as ProSpreads. At that time something was changed in the Ffastfill adapter (the broker technology that was used by FBc) that resulted in past FBc users experiencing trade issues that were never experienced before.

We discussed it with ProSpreads and it was agreed that we would not look to resolve the problem (so I don't know what the issues are) and would instead discontinue support which is what transpired and why I stated we never supported ProSpreads. We also removed that broker technology as a purchasable item from our website at that time.

Sincerely,

John

Comment

John,

That's simply untrue. When they returned they did not reform as ProSpreads. I used them for something like 8 months through NT, and I'm pretty sure they were around for a few months before that. The issues such as they were were always there for me, but I lived with them, traded with them and tried to mediate between NT and FB to get them resolved. The last I was told the two parties would work on fixing the API. Since then, nothing has really happened (not NT's fault I believe) and both parties appear to have agreed to call it a day - I must say with little in the way of announcement or consultation with people who were live trading with it.

In short, you did support this broker, had live clients, and have removed support for them, regardless of what the broker is called.

regards
                              Dave

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post funk10101  
                              Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                              11 responses