Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused...

Hi,
    I'm new to the form and I'm just trying to figure out how and why would someone who's fairly proficient in C# use ninja trader "out side" of the app. I'm an entry level C# developer and I'm relatively new to trading. If someone possesses the skill-set to design automated trading systems what would be the point in using the Ninja Trader client class? It seems to me that you would design your own front end (GUI,classes,etc...) and use your broker's and data provider's API to connect to their systems to execute trades and receive market data. Now I can understand using Ninja trader's front end to do all of this grunt work for you if you don't need something that's extremely proprietary and/or you "aren't" proficient enough to design a front end. I just don't understand the logic of using the Ninja Trader Class. Can someone please clarify this for me?
    Also, the documentation is very general on using C# in conjunction with Ninja Trader to build and back test trading system. Can someone please point me in the right direction as far as getting up and running using the Ninja Trader C# scripting language to build and back test trading systems? Thanks!
    Last edited by d.allen101; 06-16-2009, 02:49 PM.

d.allen101,

Unfortunately, we do not support creating apps outside of NinjaTrader, but there are automated trading interfaces you can use to connect up to NT. Please see the Help Guide article for the DLL interface.

As far as creating your own scripts the help guide has a lot of information as to how you can start. I would first check out the tutorials here though: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tml?Overview34
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Christopher_R  
    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
    166 responses
    0 likes