Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Release questions

Hi,

With the end of June approaching hopefully the NT7 beta release is still on track. How will we be notified of its availability?

Will there be a broadcast message at startup of current NT?

Given the huge interest in NT7 and the possible impact on your support once available, do you plan a phased release?

Thanks

Originally posted by rt-trader View Post
    Hi,

With the end of June approaching hopefully the NT7 beta release is still on track. How will we be notified of its availability?

Will there be a broadcast message at startup of current NT?

Given the huge interest in NT7 and the possible impact on your support once available, do you plan a phased release?

Thanks
    In short:

- We are on track to release a signicant amount of information on our NT7
    - We are on track to release a 1st phase relase which will not be a complete release. This 1st release will go to our NinjaScript development partners.
    - I am unsure how this information will be first communicated, likely through multiple distribution sources
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Does this mean that the initial beta 1 release we have all been waiting for, which is scheduled for the end of this month, will only be released to 'NinjaScript development partners' and the rest of us will have to wait for a second, as yet unannounced release date?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      ]
      - We are on track to release a 1st phase relase which will not be a complete release. This 1st release will go to our NinjaScript development partners.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
        Does this mean that the initial beta 1 release we have all been waiting for, which is scheduled for the end of this month, will only be released to 'NinjaScript development partners' and the rest of us will have to wait for a second, as yet unannounced release date?

really hope not... i imagine tat's going to ruffle a lot of loyal customer feathers

Comment

Originally posted by BigDog008 View Post
          really hope not... i imagine tat's going to ruffle a lot of loyal customer feathers
          And possible customers. I need to find a solution to enter orders into Mirus soonish

I thought about Ninja - but 6.5 is definitely not something I want to pay for with 7 on the horizon. I wait for the 7 release to decide whether to use it... or do myself (happens I have some programmers I employ).

I was under the impression the beta would be public - was said so more than once. Damn.

Comment

>> but 6.5 is definitely not something I want to pay for with 7 on the horizon
            May be there is misunderstanding: purchasing/subscribing NT (any release/version) entitles you for FREE upgrades.

Comment

Dierk, please address this:

eDanny
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Yes, this is correct.

Comment

this is not a way to run a software development project. i guess tradestation is looking better. i would have to assume that based on this new move, the product is not ready for prime time even though thats what we have been promised from day one. id love to meet the project manager and get his secrets on keeping his job

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                    >> but 6.5 is definitely not something I want to pay for with 7 on the horizon
                    May be there is misunderstanding: purchasing/subscribing NT (any release/version) entitles you for FREE upgrades.
                    Which does not make Ninja 6.5 something I want to use I have been one of those people waiting for v7... for a purchase.

SO, you likely instead get... a monthly subscription

Comment

So Ninja 7 will be sent to your NinjaScript development partners.. First. I hope the following week it will be released to the public for beta testing. Otherwise what are we waiting for, your issues will still come from the actually users of the software. Your ninja partners also need feed back from users. USERS testing is key. Do you have a PUBLIC release date?
                      Last edited by richa61416; 06-17-2009, 12:11 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by richa61416 View Post
                        So Ninja 7 will be sent to your NinjaScript development partners.. First. I hope the following week it will be released to the public for beta testing. Otherwise what are we waiting for, your issues will still come from the actually users of the software. Your ninja partners also need feed back from users. USERS testing is key. Do you have a PUBLIC release date?
                        We do not have a public release date at this time however, we will have more concrete information around the end of this month.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                          Yes, this is correct.
                          Well that was a bombshell, 2 weeks ahead of a much delayed release. The disconcerting thing is that it appears that you think this is a normal and acceptable way to treat your customers. As you know, many people have been waiting for this release. And because of the repeated: "nothing changed, we're on track" mantra from the CS reps are going to be bitterly disappointed with NT.

Any shred of confidence still remaining is rapidly disappearing due to NT's failure to both deliver AND communicate to its customers. And I'm sorry but "I understand your frustration" maybe works once or twice, but isn't going to cut it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by TraderEyal View Post
                            Well that was a bombshell, 2 weeks ahead of a much delayed release. The disconcerting thing is that it appears that you think this is a normal and acceptable way to treat your customers. As you know, many people have been waiting for this release. And because of the repeated: "nothing changed, we're on track" mantra from the CS reps are going to be bitterly disappointed with NT.

Any shred of confidence still remaining is rapidly disappearing due to NT's failure to both deliver AND communicate to its customers. And I'm sorry but "I understand your frustration" maybe works once or twice, but isn't going to cut it anymore.
                            I agree 100%. Ray, it is completely inexcusable from a customer relations perspective that people on this forum were led to believe that NT 7 would be released for public beta in two weeks, only to suddenly change that without the slightest warning or apology to us, as if it was completely normal. It was NOT in any way stated OR obvious that this beta would be released only to your NinjaScript partners, and it was most certainly implied that it would be a public beta.

When an individual on a forum asks "When is the beta being released, because I'd like to try it out", and the answer is "We are still on track for end of Q2", it is incredibly obvious and implied that this is a public beta, not a limited beta only to a few small groups.

It is obvious that you are/were behind schedule, which is fine - but we'd like a bit of honesty and clear communication here. I can't for the life of me imagine what you think you are gaining by being so reticent with information about this beta, but I can assure you that it is not winning you any fans on this forum, and is an example of absolutely terrible customer relations.

You are doing far more damage to the NinjaTrader brand and to your reputation with the stonewall silence and these sudden now-you-see-it-now-you-don't Beta announcements than you could ever do by simply being honest and telling us that it's complicated code and taking longer than you thought. Just some advice, for what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by JS999 View Post
                              I agree 100%. Ray, it is completely inexcusable from a customer relations perspective that people on this forum were led to believe that NT 7 would be released for public beta in two weeks, only to suddenly change that without the slightest warning or apology to us, as if it was completely normal. It was NOT in any way stated OR obvious that this beta would be released only to your NinjaScript partners, and it was most certainly implied that it would be a public beta.

When an individual on a forum asks "When is the beta being released, because I'd like to try it out", and the answer is "We are still on track for end of Q2", it is incredibly obvious and implied that this is a public beta, not a limited beta only to a few small groups.

It is obvious that you are/were behind schedule, which is fine - but we'd like a bit of honesty and clear communication here. I can't for the life of me imagine what you think you are gaining by being so reticent with information about this beta, but I can assure you that it is not winning you any fans on this forum, and is an example of absolutely terrible customer relations.

You are doing far more damage to the NinjaTrader brand and to your reputation with the stonewall silence and these sudden now-you-see-it-now-you-don't Beta announcements than you could ever do by simply being honest and telling us that it's complicated code and taking longer than you thought. Just some advice, for what it's worth.
                              I agree and I hear you. An official statement on our current NT7 status will be forthcoming from me personally.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post helpwanted  
                              Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes