RSS scripting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RSS scripting

Hello , I am trying to script the RSS indicator (relative strenght index) to enter a long trade only if the rss is below it's 20 value and short if it is above it's 80 value. I have not been able to make it work. Thank you for all your help!

leyland,

You want to do this through a strategy. I suggest you start with the Strategy Wizard tutorials here to get an example of how to do it: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tml?Overview34
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have spent hours going though the tutorials. I am not looking at programming a simple RSI crossover. The RSS includes to moving averages. I am not sure what approach to take with this indicator. Here is the script below. It seems to be fine, however, buy orders are still being placed outside of the range i am programming.

// Condition set 1
      if (RSS(10, 40, 5)[0] < 10)
      {
      EnterLong(
      5000, "");

Comment

leyland,

What do you mean by "outside the range"? When you are backtesting remember that your entry orders go in at the open of the next bar because the signal bar has already closed and is untradeable.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

By range, I mean that it is triggering an order even when it is way above the 20 line. Am I to understand that my script below is correct. This is what I really getting at. Is it fine or is there a better way of scripting it using the wizard?

Comment

leyland, not sure I follow, the script appears to be ok, the final test is when you put it at work and track whether it's doing what it should or not. For this you may want to include visual helpers like drawing arrows on your trade entry conditions to check the validity of the generated signals.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
            11 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
            Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes