Multiple Prices, one chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Prices, one chart?

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to have multiple markets displayed on one chart. I'm trying to create a chart that allows me too see 3 or 4 futures markets so I can compare percentage moves between them at any time of the day. I don't mind if they are in separate panels on one chart but if I could overlay them in one panel that would be ideal.

Is this possible to do?

If it is possible to do, can i have panels below this displaying indicators referencing the different prices. I would like to have indicators in seperate panels below this to show me when the markets are in or out of sync.

Thanks in advance.

Treggs, thanks for the post - MultiSeries charting (your 4 futures in one chart panel) will be offered with NinjaTrader 7.

For NinjaTrader 6.5 you would need to open 4 charts simultaneously and then arrange them manually to get your overview.

To access those different market prices programmatically, you can work with a MultiInstrument strategy -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the fast response.

So to do it in 6.5 I should be able to access the price and plot a line chart of say closing price as an indicator in seperate panels? Then to plot an indicator I just access the price in the same way and plot the indicators in seperate panels as well?

I guess if I can access the prices using scripting I could have one main market in the price panel and 3 others as line charts in an indicator panel?

Comment

You're welcome - unfortunately MultiTimeFrame indicators are not supported with NinjaTrader 6.5 - for this you would need to work within a MultiTimeFrame Strategy. To plot in realtime from a a strategy please see this reference sample - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=6651
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Cheers again. I'll give it a crack. If my limited coding skills cause me problems, I'll post any further question here.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post trilliantrader  
          Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Davidtowleii