Positions not shown in Control Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Positions not shown in Control Center

I use NT's automated trade feature to trade about five strategies on two accounts via IB's TWS.

Without any change, today the 2 strategies that have triggered have correctly placed the trades in the accounts, but on the 'Strategies' tab in Control Center the positions show up in only one of the accounts.

In TWS, the positions are correct in both accounts and were placed automatically by NT, yet in Control Center one of the accounts shows no open positions.

Originally posted by lself View Post
    I use NT's automated trade feature to trade about five strategies on two accounts via IB's TWS.

Without any change, today the 2 strategies that have triggered have correctly placed the trades in the accounts, but on the 'Strategies' tab in Control Center the positions show up in only one of the accounts.

In TWS, the positions are correct in both accounts and were placed automatically by NT, yet in Control Center one of the accounts shows no open positions.
    Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Please make sure you are on the latest version of NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.11. You can check under Help --> About.
    If not, please download from this link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...g_software.htm

2.) Also make sure you are using TWS version 892. If not, download from here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm

Let me know if that corrects the issue.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

TWS is the stand alone version 892.7 obtained through the link here at NT Support.

I've been using NT for about a month now and assumed I had the most recent version of NT, but it turns out I'm using NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.10.

I'll upgrade to 6.5.1000.11 later today after my current session.

Could the difference between .10 and .11 be causing this problem?

Thanks,

Comment

TWS is the stand alone version 892.7 obtained through the link here at NT Support.

I've been using NT for about a month now and assumed I had the most recent version of NT, but it turns out I'm using NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.10.

I'll upgrade to 6.5.1000.11 later today after my current session.

Could the difference between .10 and .11 be causing this problem?

Thanks,
        There are not specific upgrades related to your issue, however let me know if the issue persists after the upgrade.

Thank you!

Comment

I installed the latest upgrade of NT, from 6.5.1000.10 to 6.5.1000.11, last night. I won't know if positions are updating correctly until later in the session today.

However I noticed another odd occurrence this morning. When setting up strategies, in the account list there is one account number that is listed twice. It's the same account number in which the positions were not updating correctly yesterday (as explained in messages earlier in this thread).

Specifically, right-click in Strategies tab of Control Center > New Strategy. Then in the account drop-down box, out of "Sim" and 9 IB account numbers, one of the account numbers is listed twice.

Comment

I installed the latest upgrade of NT, from 6.5.1000.10 to 6.5.1000.11, last night. I won't know if positions are updating correctly until later in the session today.

However I noticed another odd occurrence this morning. When setting up strategies, in the account list there is one account number that is listed twice. It's the same account number in which the positions were not updating correctly yesterday (as explained in messages earlier in this thread).

Specifically, right-click in Strategies tab of Control Center > New Strategy. Then in the account drop-down box, out of "Sim" and 9 IB account numbers, one of the account numbers is listed twice.
            These accounts are reported to NinjaTrader from TWS when you connect. Try disconnecting and reconnecting, and see if the account is listed twice in TWS.

Comment

Ok, the positions for one particular account are not being shown in Strategies tab of Control Center, and it's the same account that is listed twice in the Account drop-down box of New Strategy.

Also, even though the position for that account is correctly entered and shown in TWS, the position was NOT closed automatically at the end of the session yesterday (I manually closed it this morning).

On other accounts, the positions are were correctly closed at end of session yesterday.

I've been using this same strategy for a month, applying to 2 different IB accounts and modifying a few of its parameters via the New Strategy dialogue box. The problem I've described in this thread started only 2 days ago.

Comment

RJStein, will try reconnecting.

Comment

The problems with positions not showing in Control Center and duplicate account numbers showing in the New Strategy account list seem to be resolved now.

I upgraded NT from 6.5.1000.10 to 6.5.1000.11, and also I've discovered that after connecting to TWS I must wait longer before starting and configuring strategies.

Upon connecting NT to TWS, NT cycles through each of the my subaccounts at IB. If I set up a strategy before NT has finished cycling through the subaccounts, then I see errors such as duplicate account numbers and positions not being displayed correctly in Control Center.

Regarding the NT upgrade, I never saw a pop-up window or any other notice about the upgrade. Not knowing about and using the upgrade seems to have caused some problems, and those problems adversly affected trading.

I'll renew the request that a user be able to save strategy configurations for easy reloading prior to each trading session. When I had to disconnect and reconnect this morning during the session, I had to spend an extra 8 minutes reloading and customizing strategies.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DynamicTest  
                  Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post ScottWalsh