Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patsystems API version

Hi NT support team

I'm trying to help out a client who has been having ongoing connection problems to his data feed (Patsystems) via his IB (Zaner) and Clearing firm (MF Global, US).

The problem is constant error 7 - user already logged in.

We have been going round and round in circles with this with each blaming the other. Whatever. The latest suggestion is that we have not got the most recent Patsystems API which is alleged to be 8.4.6. The API version we have on our systems (mine included) is 2.8.3-5.2.2

Can you comment on the relevance or accuracy of this suggestion? For the record, my own account is with MF Global via Zaner and I have a Pats data feed, I run the supposedly old version of the API and I have no problems whatsoever.

Pete

The error 7 problem should not be related to the Pats API version, since all NT6.5 customers run their Pats adapter on the API version you're referring to. However, NT7 will come with Pats API 8.7.4

Comment

Thanks Dierk

Pete

Comment

As a victim of a similar issue (which was finally resolved after 4 days of struggle)... I think you guys should stop blaming each other and start blaming Patsystems!

I for one am going to start insisting on ZenFire only.

Comment

Hi heech

Sorry to hear you've had similar issues. At this stage our problem 'seems' to be resolved after MFG issued us with a new account ID and password.

Good luck with getting Pats to help with anything. The best we could get from Pats after ringing them was a curt "It's not our problem, sir - ring your broker" which seems odd as I'm pretty sure that when we click the 'connect' button to connect to our data feed the connection is authenticating with a server at Pats. That's what I was told by my broker.

I don't know what 'actually' happens when we click the connect button and I would be really grateful if someone could explain it for me for future reference...

Comment

>> I don't know what 'actually' happens when we click the connect button
            not exactly sure I follow. If you mean: what exactly happens as NT connects to Patssystem then my answer would be: Unfortunately we can't disclose the internals of how the NT Pats adapter works.

Comment

Hi Dierk,

re your post below;

"The error 7 problem should not be related to the Pats API version, since all NT6.5 customers run their Pats adapter on the API version you're referring to. However, NT7 will come with Pats API 8.7.4"

With API 8.7.4 if for some reason the connection between PATS and NT is "lost" will NT 7 be able to reconnect to PATS without having to be shutdown first?

Currently this a major pain..

Thanks

Comment

Even with NT6.5 and current Pats API if the Pats API looses connection it will reconnect (according Pats docs and our internal tests). However, if you manually disconnect then you will have to restart NT before reconnecting. Nothing with change in that regard with NT7 and updated Pats API.

Comment

Hi Dierk,

Well I wish thats what it did, but I can assure you that when the NT connection to PATS drops (without my intervention) there is no reconnection, and when I look at the log, there is no reconnection attempt.

When I try to reconnect manually after a connection loss a message box with
                  "Login failed: you must restart NT in order to re-connect to a Patsystem based account".

Thing is - I am using live data indicators and each time this happens (up to 3-4 times a day)I lose the plot history.

I have e-Signal and another live feed data system also and neither of them drops connection so it is something unique to the NT/Pats setup.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

Please make sure you are not connected while Pats resets their servers.

Other than that connectivity management is not in NT's control but is done by the Pats API. I would not know it that would be different with updated Pats API, since we never experienced what you described in our internal tests (=Pats always reconnects with old and updated API).

Comment

I understand that - this happens during market hours and the servers are reset when market closes. At that time the connection drops as well, but that is understandable whereas intra day drop outs are not.

Anyway - shouldnt i see a reconnection attempt in the log?

Thanks

Comment

I amended my post below.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                        Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM