Chart displays wrong close price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart displays wrong close price

hello, i have a problem when charting, im using yahoo to get data (im not from US) , im just doing charting in ninja but what im just realized is that close price in chart is different from the finance.yahoo.com ..., i have read the forum but i couldnt find an answer; im sure the tickets are right and everything works fine just the price is slight different... some help plz

Welcome to our forums inferno085! Which symbol and mapping are you referring to? Have you tried to right click on the chart to 'Reload historical data'?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok this is weird.. , in just opened a chart in saturday and it updates with some number even when the market is closed..; i added some pictures..

im from México and im using yahoo data ; the symbol that i used is: ALFAA.MX

if u see at the chart it updates the 20/06/09 with a value of 36.03 with i have no idea of where does it came from; and if u see the other picture u will find that yesterday close price was 36.210 with actually is ok in the chart's data box; well thats not really i aproblem because i can work with last date as 19/06, but i think is weird..

the problem is that it happens everyday when it updates , it displays a wrong close price even when the market is already closed.

thanks
      Last edited by inferno085; 06-20-2009, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by inferno085 View Post
        ok this is weird.. , in just opened a chart in saturday and it updates with some number even when the market is closed..; i added some pictures..

im from México and im using yahoo data ; the symbol that i used is: ALFAA.MX

if u see at the chart it updates the 20/06/09 with a value of 36.03 with i have no idea of where does it came from; and if u see the other picture u will find that yesterday close price was 36.210 with actually is ok in the chart's data box; well thats not really i aproblem because i can work with last date as 19/06, but i think is weird..

the problem is that it happens everyday when it updates , it displays a wrong close price even when the market is already closed.

thanks
        Hello Inferno085,

Thank you for your reply.

Please confirm you have Exclude weekend set to True within you chart properties.

To check this setting please right mouse click in your chart-->Properties-->Exclude weekend-->True-->Click Ok

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thnks chris, well yea the problem continues, weird it actuallizes with some sunday price but not saturday... anyway, what im doing y put last date as friday, but the problem is the EOD data from the days when market is open... maybe is something with yahoo's eod data.

Comment

Originally posted by inferno085 View Post
            thnks chris, well yea the problem continues, weird it actuallizes with some sunday price but not saturday... anyway, what im doing y put last date as friday, but the problem is the EOD data from the days when market is open... maybe is something with yahoo's eod data.

Hello inferno085,

Please let me know if the issue persists after setting your last date as Friday.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

chris, the problem is solved when i put last day as friday.

the other problem is in any working day, example:

today Yahoo: KIMBERA.MX closing price is: 51.780 , but when the chart actualizes it shows : 50.06, the market closed at 3:00 pm , right now is about 7:20 pm;

the difference its: 1.72 ...about 3% , i think the error is pretty much.
              Last edited by inferno085; 06-24-2009, 06:28 PM.

Comment

inferno085, how do you have you chart session times setup in the Chart properties? I just check with AA and get 10.21 as yesterdays close on the daily chart which corresponds to the quote found on Yahoo itself.

Comment

hi, where can i check the session time up? ,

Comment

Please double click on the chart to open the properties where sessions can be set with the Session begin / end inputs.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
                    Started by WHICKED, Today, 02:02 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes