Ninja trader graph/price/chart data wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja trader graph/price/chart data wrong

I just started using Ninja trader and was thinking about buying it to use for trading, but I'm unsure now.

I was testing out Backtesting with the stock symbol FAS when I noticed that the price and candlesticks are wrong. I'm getting my data from eSignal and the price and candlesticks in eSignal look significantly different than whats in the image below. Does anyone know if this is just a configuration setting or is a known issue ? Also, why does NT need a URL for the stock price ? Currently the URL is set to pull FAS data from Yahoo

Hello zanek,

Unfortunately the image did not display on my end; a white rectangle with a red cross in it is displayed.

What interval is used in eSignal and in NinjaTrader? Make sure to compare the exact same instrument and not compare the ES continuous contract to the ES 09-09.

As per the URL, the link will direct you to a webpage that contains more information about the instrument in question if you click 'Visit'. It is not required in order to receiev data from the data feed you are connected to in NinjaTrader.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

To clarify, is NinjaTrader getting data from eSignal or is NinjaTrader getting the data from Yahoo and you are then comparing it to eSignal?
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In the the Control Center in NinjaTrader, I connect to eSignal.

I then launched a new 'Strategy Analyzer'. If I double click the symbol FAS, I see the URL info as "http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=FAS"

I right clicked on the FAS symbol in the Strategy Analyzer and saw the charting info below when it fiinished.

I'm not sure where NT is getting its data from, as the configuration for everything is quite confusing. I had no problem programming and backtesting with Fidelity Wealth Lab. Please let me know of anything I can do to resolve this as I would love to use NT. Thanks

Image of the charting info from Ninja Trader for FAS from 6/18/2009

Comment

Unfortunately the link you posted in not valid.

If you connect to eSignal in NinjaTrader and you perform a backtest, the data is retrieved from eSignal.

Please ensure the eSignal chart uses the same interval as the eSignal chart you use to compare. Make sure both contain the same instrument as well.

The URL is not related on how NinjaTrader will retrieve data, it only directs you to information regarding the instrument.

Comment

I triple checked that the interval on both. I can post screenshots of the eSignal chart if you want. NT says FAS 1-min and eSignal says FAS 1-min

Also, the link I'm posting works if I click it from this forum, but I think its mangled for everyone else. I tried to click several other links in other posts and they all failed to load.

I have converted the URL to a TinyURL so you can see it
            URL (with spaces inserted)
            http:// tinyurl.com / l37roo

Comment

What exactly is not the same as the eSignal chart?

Could it be eSignal and NinjaTrader use different values for the X-axis (time)?

Comment

The price & charting are the major ones. For instance, I ran the backtests and here is an entry from the trades tab:

Instrument Account Strategy Market pos. Quantity Entry price Exit price Entry time
                FAS Back101 Testin--
                Long 5467 18.31 18.72 6/18/2009 9:32

Notice that the entry price is $18.31 ! FAS hasnt been at $18 in a long time, and I used only Jun 16-18 to backtest. I'm not sure what symbol NT is using for the testing, but its wrong. I'm not sure where to go from here

Comment

Can you please create a new FAS 1 minute chart in NinjaTrader and in eSignal as well. Check if the data resembles.

I created a FAS chart on my end while connected to eSignal and it did not list the price of 18.72 for 6/18.

Comment

I gave up on NinjaTrader and moved to another company. Sorry, its to buggy

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
                    118 responses
                    1 like
                    Last Post kevinenergy  
                    Started by briansaul, Today, 05:31 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post briansaul