Using The Ninjascript Wizard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using The Ninjascript Wizard

I am currently evaluating Ninja Trader along with a few other alternatives. One of the features I was most excited about when I first started working with Ninjatrader was the use of the wizard in setting up my trade program. I am not interested in Coding. I just want to get my current trade plan scripted. (without having to pay for the service) However, after sifting through pages and pages of info in this forum it is becoming more and more apparent that the wizard is very limited OR there is very limited info available on how to get your trade idea's across using the wizard. There are many indicators available, but in most cases, no info on how to implement them using the wizard.

For example,
    Like a lot of people, I would like to use multiple charts (say a 5 min. and a 1 min.) in my setup. I would like to be able to have MA crossovers, and MACD crossovers, MA slope using the print command etc.

Can a simple set-up like this be made using the wizard? If so, can this and other wizard templates not be more available to help people get off the ground. How many people evaluating Ninja Trader simply walk away because the initial learning curve is far steeper then it really needs to be.
    Last edited by leyland; 06-20-2009, 11:51 AM.

leyland, thanks for the post and the input! We're always looking to expand the available educational material and scripts. Unfortunately for MultiTimeFrame strategies you would need to work in the NinjaScript editor - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...struments.html

Many examples using the 'Condition Builder' can found in the Strategy Wizard help guide section - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nBuilder1.html

This includes crossovers and how to work successfully with MultiPlot indicators as well, you can use the blue arrows in the right upper corner to navigate through the complete section.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jaybedreamin  
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes