Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get an immediate blank chart.

Comment

Which datarange are you choosing to display then? Does it include the data you imported? Have you doublechecked that all the data is present by exporting it to verify (Tools > Historical Data > Export).

NinjaTrader 7 will add more convenience to this process - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I am starting to think that I have not imported this data correctly. The data was sent in very large files that I converted to .txt and then used a tool to break down into chunks of 10 mil lines. When I imported these chunks of data I used the latest month for that data (which was for NG 07-09 -- i.e. NGN09). The import indicated that it was successful but when I try to export the data, as you suggested, I get a response that there is no data (for an older date). Any thoughts? Thanks.

Comment

Lawdawg, yes it appears the import was not successfull. I would suggest adding the NG with the ##-## expiry (cont. contract) to your default list in the Instrument Manager and then renaming your datafile to reflect this - NG ##-##.txt - then import it fresh.

Comment

Bertrand - Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your perseverance on this. I tried your last suggestion and could not get it to work. I know you were able to get the data I sent you to work without a connection. If possible, could you reply and/or send me an e-mail with a quick bullet point list of each step you took to make this work?

I checked with the 3rd party provider of the data and he has indicated that no one else has had trouble getting this data to work in NT. So it is obviously something I am missing or not doing during import. Thanks.

Comment

Maybe it would be best I give you a quick call and check this via a remote connection. All I did was putting the NG ##-## on the default list, renaming your txt file to reflect this (NG ##-##.txt) and then importing the data via the Tools > Historical Data > Import command. Then without connecting to any datasource I can pull up the chart of the imported data (using 1st of Sep 08 to 10th of Sep 08 as Range setting, as the data we imported falls into this span).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post elirion
              by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
              0 responses