• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Symbol guide for Interactive Brokers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symbol guide for Interactive Brokers?

Is there a guide to what symbols to use in NT to represent various futures and options? IB's TWS program doesn't seem to offer unique symbols for any instrument with expiry, for example to choose the nearest ES you first enter ES into a quote window then choose which expiry date you're interested in.

(As a side note I launched NT with my IB paper account and used TWS to buy a Sept. 09 ES contract, it shows up in the NT Control Center as ES 09-09, but if I try to enter that symbol into a Basic Entry window nothing comes up.)

EDIT: Typo, symbol is actually ES 09-09, not ES 09-.
    Last edited by Hauser; 06-23-2009, 07:19 AM.

Originally posted by Hauser View Post
    Is there a guide to what symbols to use in NT to represent various futures and options? IB's TWS program doesn't seem to offer unique symbols for any instrument with expiry, for example to choose the nearest ES you first enter ES into a quote window then choose which expiry date you're interested in.

(As a side note I launched NT with my IB paper account and used TWS to buy a Sept. 09 ES contract, it shows up in the NT Control Center as ES 09-, but if I try to enter that symbol into a Basic Entry window nothing comes up.)
    Hello Hauser,

Thank you for your post.

The most common futures are already set up in the Instrument Manager. Unfortunately NinjaTrader does not support options.
    More information on searching for an instrument here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...struments.html

If there is an instrument that is not available in the Instrument Manager, you can create a new instrument using IB's mapping. More information on editing an instrument here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...struments.html
    Ray SNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick response! This is a bit off-topic but I don't see options support on the radar for NinjaTrader 7, is the lack of options support a deliberate decision or is it perhaps scheduled for version 8 or later?

Comment

Originally posted by Hauser View Post
        Thanks for the quick response! This is a bit off-topic but I don't see options support on the radar for NinjaTrader 7, is the lack of options support a deliberate decision or is it perhaps scheduled for version 8 or later?
        Unfortunately there are no plans to support options at this time.
        Ray SNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

IB's mapping

how can I find the IB map for instruments in NT? I would like to open some ticker such as AAPL or BKNG with NT while I am connected to my IB real account. When connected to google connection no problem but with IB connection popup an error message:
          "Error on loading chart data for 'BKNG Default'. Unable to change order. Please assign an addiitonal exchange to this instrumet in the Instrument Manager BKNG Default"
          What is the exchange of the instrument I have to use for IB connection?
          Thank you
          Jose

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by levikNT, Today, 04:39 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post levikNT
          by levikNT

Started by chartish, Today, 08:36 AM