IB and NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB and NT

I use NT with esignal datafeed for charting and Interactive Broker as my broker.

First, because I wanted esignal feed for charting and then add another broker, NT support told me to connect esignal feed first then connect the broker feed.

Ok, so I did but then I found that the data which I want to trade from was from esignal. I know this because I put up IB FX trader and looked at the spread and then I put up NT FX pro and looked at that spread. The spreads from esignal are jumping from 1-10 pips on gbp usd. When I connect my broker first, then I'm getting the desired results from my broker, but now I do not know if my esignal feed for my charts??

So in NT, my questions is if I'm using one instance of NT on my computer, how to get esignal feed for my charts only and how to get IB feed for my broker only.

Hope I'm making sense, thank you

Sorry, just to clarify,

The minumum order size for IB (for ideal pro) is USD25,000.

In NT FX Pro, for the quantity if I was just trading this minumum, it would be 0.025M? When I enter this in the quantity box, FX Pro changes to 25,000 which is pretty scary. I trade this on the sim and the order confirmation window shows 25,000 contracts so I think that is correct?

Thnak you again

Comment

Hello pa188,

When using multiple connections, NinjaTrader will retrieve real-time data from the first connection. Only when the first connection does not support a certain instrument type (future, stock, index and forex), NinjaTrader will retrieve the data from the second connection.

Unfortunately it is not possible to setup your charts as per the eSignal feed only and use IB when trading live.

As per the order quantity, this is as expected.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the response.

So there is no work-a-round? Apart from buying another computer just for charts which cost $$$.

I hope there is an option for selecting feeds for different jobs in NT7.

Comment

Unfortunately there is no workaround. Or you will need to connect solely to eSignal when viewing charts and connect solely to IB when trading live.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
            Unfortunately there is no workaround. Or you will need to connect solely to eSignal when viewing charts and connect solely to IB when trading live.
            I certainly not going to do the above.

I found this thread on NT forum:

I can see I can run NT 7 and NT 6 side by side but of course NT 7 isn't out yet.

Can I ask if I can use NT 5 and if so can I have a copy please?

Sorry for being stubborn but it is annoying that I paid for NT and I can't get this simple problem solved

Comment

Unfortunately NinjaTrader 5 is not available anymore. I suggest to try it using NinjaTrader 6 (6.0.1000.11), which is still available.

Comment

Hi there, just to check,

I can run NT6.5 and NT6.0 together on one computer at the same time?

I tried but to no avail. Could I install in different directories?

Comment

Hello,

You can have them both on your computer (although it is not recommended) but you cannot run them at the same time on the same computer.
                  DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post gbourque  
                  Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes