Glitch in the System?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glitch in the System?

Been just starting out with NT. I put in a normal order, 2 contracts short the FDAX. 1st stop 12 points, take profit 14 points. 2nd stop 12 points, take profit 34 points. I entered short at around 4790. at about 2.5 points below entry, NT gave me the message that my target was met at 2398!? - about 2400 points below my entry. Whats wrong here? Thanks for any repies.

Edit
    Unfortunately this is only a demo account. Otherwise Id we walking off with 120.000€ profit.

Hello,

Can you please check what setting is used for 'Parameter type' in the SuperDOM properties menu (right click SuperDOM). Please ensure it is set to 'Ticks'.

Setup a new ATM strategy and check if the stop losses and profit targets are submitted at the intended prices.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello,

Can you please check what setting is used for 'Parameter type' in the SuperDOM properties menu (right click SuperDOM). Please ensure it is set to 'Ticks'.

Setup a new ATM strategy and check if the stop losses and profit targets are submitted at the intended prices.
      Thanks. Yes, `Parameter Type`is set to ticks. Even with the current ATM strategy all stop losses and profit targets are filled normally. Except at this price for the FDAX: 4792.5. I had it yesterday and reset the whole system. Today I put in an order at the same price, and the exact same thing happened. The two contracts I went short at 4792.5 exited at 2398, although being just 2,5 points below my 4792.5 entry.

I am giving in sell orders might take a time to go in my direction, to check...
      But all other prices seem to work normally.

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files for today and tell me what time you submitted the entry order today. You can find these files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20090625 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20090625 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, reference this forum thread and put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes