eSignal Login Failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eSignal Login Failed

I have just signed up with esignal, and am trying to login for the first time, with the following error:
    "Login failed: Failed to load 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\ESignal\dbcapi.dll'

The eSignal Data Manager is up, and appears to be running properly.

Thanks.

Hello astrolobe,

I suggest to uninstall/re-install eSignal.

You can download eSignal from here:
    Everything you need, all in one place: charts that change the game, better backtesting & scanning, and reliable real-time data

Once you re-installed eSignal, please recreate your eSignal connection as well and let me know if the error remains.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason,
      My eSignal data feed is now working, however I am not sure if I am receiving my daily data correctly. My daily bars are all correct, except for the current (incomplete) bar, which is not shown at all, and the price is not updating...it is stuck at the close of the previous days bar.
      For daily data,should I not receive real time price data for the current incomplete bar?
      eSignal is connected after zen fire.

Comment

Hello astrolobe,

Please right click in the chart and select 'Format Data Series'. Check if the current date is listed next to 'Last date'.

Do you receive real-time data for your daily chart when connected solely to eSignal?

What happens if you reverse the connection sequence?

Comment

The current date is listed next to 'Last date'. I do receive real-time data if eSignal is connected by itself, or as the first connection.
          If eSignal is connected second, it gets the historical days, but not real-time price, ask, and bid. I am using eSignal for daily continuous contracts, which ZF does not support, therefore I am assuming when eSignal is connected second, that it is eSignal that is providing the continuous data.
          Here is an added complication: When ZF is connected second, and I choose a symbol like GC (gold futures on NYMEX), I get no real-time data because I am not subscribed to GC with eSignal, but ZF normally has no problem with GC when eSignal is not connected first. Because I am not subscribed to GC with eSignal, I was expecting that instrument request to be passed through to ZF for real-time data, but this is not happening.To prove the previous point, I tested the Australian Dollar (6A) with ZF second, and I get real-time data (I am assuming because I am subscribed to 6A with both providers.
          Any more thoughts on how to fix this??
          thanks.

Comment

Unfortunately this is as expected.

NinjaTrader will retrieve data from the first connection. Only when the first connection, does not support a certain instrument type (future, stock, forex and index), NinjaTrader will retrieve data frm the second connection.

Zen-Fire must support the instrument type selected in the chart and thus NinjaTrader tries to load the data from Zen-Fire.

The same concept causes the GC not to receive data, since eSignal is used to retrieve the data.

Comment

eSignal should not prevent ZF from receiving GC data, because I am not subscribed to GC with eSignal. I get the NYMEX miNY from eSignal and not the full NYMEX. GC is not part of the miNY. Therefore if eSignal does not provide data for GC, the request should be handled by ZF as the second connection.
              The behaviour I am receiving is not correct.

Comment

Hello,

The requests for data are instrument "type" specific. So if your eSignal connnection did not support stocks and you connected to eSignal first then another connection, your other connection would provide the stock data. If both support stocks, for example, whatever the first data feed supports will be stocks you have access to because both connnections support the same instrument type (stocks).
                DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That makes it clearer, but it does not explain this situation:
                  My first connection is Zen Fire, and second in eSignal. ZF supports futures, and no continuous contracts. ESignal supports futures with continuous contracts. With this connection order, I am able to retrieve my continuous contract data with eSignal. Strictly speaking this should not happen, as my first connection is Zen Fire, supporting futures. This should prevent eSignal from supplying futures data, as it is connected second.

Comment

Hello,

My test eSignal connection is not working at this time. I will have someone test this for your on Monday though.

A continuous contract may be an exception to this rule.
                    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by astrolobe View Post
                      That makes it clearer, but it does not explain this situation:
                      My first connection is Zen Fire, and second in eSignal. ZF supports futures, and no continuous contracts. ESignal supports futures with continuous contracts. With this connection order, I am able to retrieve my continuous contract data with eSignal. Strictly speaking this should not happen, as my first connection is Zen Fire, supporting futures. This should prevent eSignal from supplying futures data, as it is connected second.

Hello astrolobe,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please inform me of how many days back you are able to receive data for when connected to only Zen-Fire and how many days back you are able to receive when connected to only eSignal when attempting to load the ZF 09-09 instrument on a 60 minute chart?

I look forward to assisting you with this issue.
                      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                      12 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post DrakeiJosh  
                      Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes