X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error with charting with zen-fire

Hello ppl
    Could you help me please?
    I made a connection with zen-fire, but i am not able to upload any chart.
    Connection is working, i can see data in the control center, also SuperDom is showing me data, except new charts.
    Whatever i do i cant get a chart. Its no sign of uploading or something.
    Before i seted up connection with zen-fire i used IB and i got some charts. But i want a history data for bactesting.
    Thank you very much for your reply

Hello,

Have you tried right clicking the chart then reload historical data?
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I cant do it. its not in option. its there but its not a black. so i cant use it.

Comment

Hello,

There is your problem, you are not connected properly. If reload is greyed out, you aren't connected to a historical data server.

Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections--> highlight the connection--> click Remove
        Then go to the Tools menu--> select Options--> select the Misc tab--> click Repair DB
        Restart NinjaTrader
        Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections and recreate the account connection.

If that doesn't work please send us your account connection information via Help>Mail to support and we will test it for you. Reference this thread link.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you very much for you reply
          I did everything as you said but it doesnt work.
          there is one small improvement that i can receive data but not historical data.
          I wanted to get data for last 5 days and i got data only from time i opened the chart
          Thank you
          Sorry for my english. hope you understand :-)

Comment

Hello vodafone22,

Thank you for your reply.

Please click Tools > Account Connections > select your Zen-Fire connection and click Change.

In the screen where you give the connection a name, is Historical Data enabled?
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i'm having the same problem. I use Mirus. I've successfully downloaded historical data on another computer. I did a ninjatrader backup and then restored it on my notebook and on my notebook I cannot get any historical data.

While searching around in the options, I see on the data tab there is a historical data ip address. Is this supposed to be filled in? Shouldn't it get that from the account connection data? I'm wondering if this address isn't correct?

Historical data is enabled and I removed Mirus account and repaired db and then recreated my account but I get the same result.

Any ideas?
              Last edited by cunparis; 08-03-2009, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Hello Cunparis,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Are you able to reload historical data if you right click in your chart and select that option?

2.) Connection settings would not result in historical data import issues. Do you have another PC with which to test the backup file?
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The reload item is greyed out.
                  No other pc as I'm on vacation.

Comment

cunparis, please go to Tools > Options > Data > Data Server and ensure the entered URL is 64.202.118.132 while port 31654 is used. Then retry the reload.
                    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                      cunparis, please go to Tools > Options > Data > Data Server and ensure the entered URL is 64.202.118.132 while port 31654 is used. Then retry the reload.
                      The IP & port are correct. I tried now that I'm home with WIFI and it takes a long time to timeout but I never get data.

Here's the part of the log:

Code:
                      2009-08-06 03:16:47:788 (Mirus) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='FDAX 09-09' from='2009-07-27' to='2009-08-06' sessionBegin='00:00:00' sessionEnd='00:00:00' excludeWeekend=False period=1 Min splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0
                      2009-08-06 03:16:48:436 Server.Client.Close
                      after that my charts didn't work at all. I had to exit and restart.

Comment

cunparis, would need to review the full logs / traces if possible - does it work when using a wired connection?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                          cunparis, would need to review the full logs / traces if possible - does it work when using a wired connection?
                          on vacation I had a mobile USB thingie. At home I have wifi. I doubt there is a difference with a wired connection since it all goes to my router anyway.

this was working on my desktop before I left, I haven't tried it since I got back. So I suspect it's something to do with me having done a backup and restore on another machine?

the logs and trace don't have any more than what I sent but I can send them if you like.

Comment

cunparis, thanks for the reply - I'm not aware of using the 'backup and restore' resulting in connection issues. Please contact me using the trace and logs using the Help > Mail to Support feature (attn Bertrand) and I'll review them, thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
                            10 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Leeroy_Jenkins  
                            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes