Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simulation using historical data

Hello,
    I'm a newbie in using NT and my question may sound silly...Is there any way to use historical data for simulating stocks tading and strategies (SuperDom and Market Replay) with the NT free version 6.5, or it can be done only with data downloaded and recorded during live sessions? I use IB for live feed and historical data.

How do I get data for more instruments in SIM101? The free version comes with only one instrument in SIM101.

Dan

Hello,

If your data provider supports historical data, you will have access to it via your standard connection:

This link will help you with adding more instruments to you default list:
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ben,

1) Thank you for your prompt reply. Yes, I can download now historical data and add more instruments to the defaulr list, thus, I am able to add them to the SIM101 account. This solves the 2nd question I had.

2)The first question remains, if I can use this downloaded historical data for simulating trades and strategy later on, or only the data recorded during live session (using Market Replay). It seems I cannot use historical data. Am I right? Any plans for the future to make this possible in NT?

3) The matter it's more complicated because IB doesn't provide tick-by-tick historical data. Can minute-by-minute data be used for simulation, after live sessions (not during them)?

Thank you,
      Dan

Comment

Dan, for running your NinjaScript strategies in the Strategy Analyzer the downloaded historical data would be sufficient, if you want to playback the market using the Market Replay feature you would need to record the data yourself first - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...V6/SetUp1.html

For NinjaTrader 7 we're working on providing the needed replay data (work in progress as of now) - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post GLFX005
        by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM