Backtest not available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backtest not available

HI, I'm running NT6, beta 10. When I right click on a Strategy, the back test option is grayed out. If I try to test via the backtest button, it gives zero results, almost as if there is no data. I did a successful import of historical data earlier. Any ideas?

imported post

Right click on an instrument to backtest, not a strategy.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ray,

I'm running 6.5 beta and having a problem selecting which Strategy to backtest. (I also had this problem when running 6.0, but I'm just mentioning it now).

Once I've selected an instrument and right-clicked on it and left-clicked on "Backtest", the window that pops up is completely blank! There are no strategies in the pulldown box...here's what I see:

[img=http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/423/blankstrategyanalyzerqi1.th.jpg]

What do I need to do?
      Last edited by sbgtrading; 11-10-2007, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Hmm. I don't see anything on that link. I suspect you are running into some errors on one or more of your strategies. Please check the Control Center logs. Probably something in the Initialize() method of one of your strategies.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Check out the link again on the previous message...I believe I fixed it. Let me know if it works.

To check out your possible solution, I deleted all the strategies I either wrote or imported (this leaves the read-only strategies supplied with the distribution). Unfortunately I get the same result as before...and no warning messages show up in the Control Center log.

Ben

Comment

That is very strange sbgtrading. Could you please try uninstalling NT6.5->clearing browser cache->reinstalling NT6.5 beta 3? Maybe also try reinstalling the .NET 2.0 framework before reinstalling NT6.5 beta 3 too. You can get .NET here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm sorry to say that it didn't work. I reinstalled .NET 2.0, cleared out my browser cache (as well as a bunch of huge temp files) and uninstalled 6.5 and installed 6.5 beta 3.

Should I upgrade to .NET 3.0? I saw it on the Microsoft site you linked me to.

Comment

Could you send us your application logs and traces? This is automatically done for you by starting NT and selecting the menu Help > Mail To Support. In the subject, please include "For Jason" and in the body reference this forum thread.

Thanks
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I think I saw something like this on one of my strategies when I had an error in the coding of the strategy.

I don't remember the specific anymore, but it might have been something like referencing Open[1], Close[1], etc. without first specifying "if (CurrentBar < 1) return".

Since you're not getting as far as the OnBarUpdate() method, I'd suspect something in the Intialize() method. Try commenting everything in Initialize by prefixing all lines with "//", recompile and see if that gets different results. If so you can selectively uncomment lines until you find which one the StrategyAnalyzer is objecting to.

If the problem isn't in Initialize() look at the set/get code in the Properties section of the strategy.

Comment

I just checked back and found where it was I ran into the same symptom.

Check this thread: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=3286

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post gentlebenthebear  
                    Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Kaledus