ATM Doesn't Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Doesn't Work

Hello, I have the free version of Ninja Trader through my broker with the Zen Fire data feed. When reviewing your website for the free version you seem to give the impression that one can use all the features of Ninja Trader with the free version. Yet I cannot create any ATM strategies. Must I purchase the product in order to get this capability? If so, I think you should be more clear on your web page about what is included with the free version vs. the paid version.

Regards
    Chuck

Hello Chuck,

Thank you for the post.

The free version you are using comes with a broker specific license that enables you to trade live, with the consequence that you are unable to use certain features of the software.

If you were to use the Free Edition License then you would have access to all of the features of the software but not have the ability to trade live.

If you would like to get the Free Edition license please send an email to [email protected] with Attn Ryan in the subject line.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Enabling ATM Strategy capability - Attn: Ryan

I just installed a new copy of NInjatrader (still free,) downloaded from my broker; and I encountered the same problem as Chuck. I couldn't even enter a simple bracket order. Using the guidance in this thread, however, I solved the problem by replacing the license key provided by my broker with the license key from my old, free version.

I'll soon be buying a paid up license and trading live. My question is: will the ATM Strategy capabilty be enabled when I buy the paid up license? Will I be receiving a new and different license key at that time?

Comment

Hello PeterM,

Yes, the reason that ATM strategies were not available is because the license was a broker specific which means you could trade live and get it for free.

To have access to all the features of the software you can use the Free Edition License, as you discovered, which however limits your ability to trade live.

If you purchase a live license, which you will receive at that time, you will have the total functionality of the software as well as the ability to trade live.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Aviram Y  
        Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
        3 responses