Time of Day and Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time of Day and Price

Hello, How do I get "Price" and "Time of Day" in sync? This probably has to do with the earlier than normal daylight savings time issue. I am in the Central Time Zone (CST) but have my pc time set to Eastern Time (market time) (EST). However, my NT price charts are 1 hour behind. In other words the price on my charts at 08:30 is the actual price at 09:30 EST, even though my pc is set to EST. The charts are still on CST. How do I get my charts - time and price - to EST (market time)?
    Thanks.

imported post

P.S. I do have NT Version 6.0.0.11 installed.

Comment

imported post

Let me try to understand:
      - your PC is running in EST timezone
      - when you pull historical data from your provider than e.g. stock markets don't open at 09:30 but 08:30, correct?

From which provider do you pull your historical data?

Comment

imported post

yes, pc is set to EST time zone.
        I am sim (simulation) trading the eminis, the YM specifically and simply have my real time charts running for the day, using tick charts or minute time frames, doesn't matter. And, the real-time price on the chart is one hour behind. It is like the price on the charts is on CST but the pc is on EST. This is all throughout the day, even though the pc time is EST, the price on the charts is on CST or one hour behind.
        I am using AMP live ZF connection.

Comment

imported post

I'm confused.

Let's say right now it's 10:00 AM EST:
          a) your PC clock shows 10:00 EST (since you have set it to that timezone), no?
          b) as you now start NT (after ! changing timezone) the rightmost bar of e.g. a 1 minute chart on ES 06-07 shows a timestamp of ~10:00 AM (+/- 1 minute), no?
          c) as you stay connected: the next minute a new bar forms with a timestamp of 10:01 AM, no?

Which of the steps above does not work as expected?

Comment

imported post

a) yes, pc is set to EST
            b) yes, but don't know what you mean: (after changing time zone)
            c)yes, new bar forms with 10:01AM timestamp if on a 1 minute chart.
            I will try again to explain what I have: I have a second computer also set to Eastern Std. Time and am running TS charts on that pc. On this 2nd pc, at 08:30am the YM high/low is 12753 to 12756. On the 1st pc with NT, also set to EST, at 08:30, the NT one-minute chart shows the YM at 12790 to 12794.
            At 07:29 EST, on the 1st pc, the one with NT, the YM price was 12753 to 12755. Then, at 07:30 EST, on this same 1st pc with NT chart, the spike occurred and the price was 12744 to 12771.
            This same spike occurred on the 2nd pc, with the TS charts, at 08:30am EST, the true market open on Tuesday, April 17th.
            In other words, the 1st pc, with NT charts, even though the pc clock is set to Eastern Standard Time, the NT charts are showing prices as if it were on Central Standard Time - an hour behind.
            I will check your reply tomorrow. I still think it has to do with when daylight savings time occurred. As I recall, NT had to do some kind of fix for it. Either that, or my pc clock is not working correctly.

Comment

imported post

- in case you change timezone you need to restart NT
              - there is no daylight saving time issue with B11
              - I suggest opening realtime charts on NT and TS and leave them running to compare
              - note: Zen on AMP will report much more ticks than TS, charts will look different

Comment

imported post

I just reset my pc clock back one hour to Central Standard Time (CST), (yes, daylight savings time now). I then disconnected my live connection and then connected it back to live. The prices on the chart are correct now and in sync with what they should be on Central Standard Time. The opening price now occurs at 08:30am, which is correct for CST, and the pc clock is at 08:30am CST. However, when I change the pc clock back to EST, the prices on the NT chart are still one hour behind, as if still on CST.
                (I misspoke in the previous post about the open at 8:30am EST, it is obviously at 09:30am, but doesn't change what I said about the prices.)

Comment

imported post

When I changed back to EST from CST, I did disconnect and then connected to the live feed again. I will try completely closing NT and switch back and forth from CST to EST. Thanks.

Comment

imported post

nope, nothing works. Tried disconnecting, exiting, restarting, connecting, even changed the time zone to 1 hour AHEAD of EST - one hour earlier than EST and the NT chart prices are STILL an hour off - still as if on CST. It as if this pc knows it is in the Central Time Zone and won't be fooled. Evidently there is some disconnect between the pc clock and the time on the NT charts. I give up.

Comment

imported post

I still don't understand the issue.

My PC is 6 hours ahead of EST. As I connect to Zen and pull up a chart (I'm doing that each and every day):
                      - the backfill data all is relative to my local timezone -> no problem
                      - realtime zen data is added to the bars at right with correct timestamp (local teimzone) -> no problem

See again my questions below:

Let's say right now it's 10:00 AM EST:
                      a) your PC clock shows 10:00 EST (since you have set it to that timezone), no?
                      b) as you now start NT (after ! changing timezone) the rightmost bar of e.g. a 1 minute chart on ES 06-07 shows a timestamp of ~10:00 AM (+/- 1 minute), no?

On (b) you answered: yes

So what's the problem?

Comment

imported post

May be that's your issue: as you download historical, data NT stores it with timestamps relative to your current timezone settings. As you later change your PC timezone, your downloaded historical data still holds the timestamps as before. May be that confuses you: timestamps of historical data are not adjusted as you change the timezone settings of your machine.

To resolve this issue I suggest:
                        - set the timezone of your machine as you like and the leave (!!) it
                        - restart NT and relaod the historical data in NT by Tools->Historical data->Reload

Comment

Dierk,

I know this is an old thread but I have a similar problem where my charts horizontal axis time stamps are one hour behind my PC clock.

PC shows 6:30 AM and the chart shows 5:30 AM.

Is there a way I can set the charts to match the PC clock?

Thanks,
                          sourcem

Comment

Hi,

Have you reloaded historical data as well? If not, please go Tools--> Historical Data--> Reload.

If that doesn't work, can you sync your pc clock. You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

If that doesn't work, send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com, refer to this post and put in the subject 'For Vince'. I will send you re-install instructions then.
                            Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                            Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                            14 responses
                            0 likes