Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up instrument ZS - Point value

Hi,

I need some help with setting up future instruments... I am getting errors that suggests to me the point values aren't correct.

For example, ZS 08-09. I use ZenFire as my live data feed (and IQfeed for historical). When I load up a chart in ZS 08-09, or just pull up quotes in the control center.. ZS 08-09 is trading at ~1155.500, for example. I can place a limit buy order using the control center at 1155.000, using my ZenFire account, and the order is accepted = working.

However, if I change nothing else, and just switch over to my Patsystems account... placing a buy limit order at 1155.000 is rejected as "outside of daily range". Help! How do I trade ZS with Pats on NT?

Inside instrument manager, I have ZS mapped to Patsystems as ZS|CME_CBT. I have exchange set to Globex, point value as 5000, tick size as 0.0025.

Originally posted by heech View Post
    Hi,

I need some help with setting up future instruments... I am getting errors that suggests to me the point values aren't correct.

For example, ZS 08-09. I use ZenFire as my live data feed (and IQfeed for historical). When I load up a chart in ZS 08-09, or just pull up quotes in the control center.. ZS 08-09 is trading at ~1155.500, for example. I can place a limit buy order using the control center at 1155.000, using my ZenFire account, and the order is accepted = working.

However, if I change nothing else, and just switch over to my Patsystems account... placing a buy limit order at 1155.000 is rejected as "outside of daily range". Help! How do I trade ZS with Pats on NT?

Inside instrument manager, I have ZS mapped to Patsystems as ZS|CME_CBT. I have exchange set to Globex, point value as 5000, tick size as 0.0025.
    Hello Heech,

Thank you for your post.

If you are connected to Pats only, what format is the ZS displayed in?
    1155.000, or something else?
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi there,

Yep, that's definitely the problem alright. When I'm just in Patsystems, the price shown is 11.5500. How would you recommend I rectify the problem? Should I perhaps setup a different instrument so I can distinguish between the two...? ZS, and ZS-P?

Comment

Hi there,

Yep, that's definitely the problem alright. When I'm just in Patsystems, the price shown is 11.5500. How would you recommend I rectify the problem? Should I perhaps setup a different instrument so I can distinguish between the two...? ZS, and ZS-P?
        Unfortunatelly it looks like there is nothing that can be done for now.

Below is the comment from the NT7 announcement regarding the Patsystems connection:

"- Added support for a divisor parameter in the symbol map to address incorrect price levels where needed"
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
          Unfortunatelly it looks like there is nothing that can be done for now.

Below is the comment from the NT7 announcement regarding the Patsystems connection:

"- Added support for a divisor parameter in the symbol map to address incorrect price levels where needed"
          That's very frustrating... are you sure this is referring to the same issue I'm currently seeing?

Comment

That's very frustrating... are you sure this is referring to the same issue I'm currently seeing?

Hello heech,

Yes, this is issue you are currently experiencing.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 04:32 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by f.saeidi, Today, 05:56 AM
            1 response
            0 likes