X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back filling ?

Hi,
    (hopefully in the correct thread)

Ok I have been using Ninja with TT feed the last few weeks. Getting to pretty good grips with it - for me :-)

I follow a couple of indicators for entry signals and have been using the sim' till I feel comfortable to go back live again.

Well a couple of times in the evening I've gone back over me trades and some just haven't made sense, entries, that shouldn't have been show up and vice verse. Well today was able to catch the issue in action.

It seems after I close Ninja and re open later , it back fills data !! I'm pretty sure it's a TT feed problem and will also contact them, just wanted to see what you guys thought.

It's not the best sample and I can send more maybe tomorrow if needed. Look at the time from around 3.10pm as the price sells off, same tick size, same indicators, but you'll see more bars on the second chart.

Thanks Andy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by andy4; 07-02-2009, 03:53 PM.

Hello andy4,

Thank you for your post.

I have provided a link to our Help Guide below that goes over how bars are built within NinjaTrader and why real time tick data can look different than historical tick data.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris,
      as always you've answered so very quickly and helpful. Thanks for the link, certainly now makes sense why my charts differ when reloaded.

Well gives me a little to think about over the weekend concerning the signals I get while trading, though still so close just more bars when relaoded, don't think it'll make too much diff'.

Thank you,
      Andy

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rhubear
      by rhubear

Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM