SERIOUS Problem with IB Real Time Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SERIOUS Problem with IB Real Time Data

Quoting here " Backfill. This is soooo bad you would not believe. Imagine you train and back test your system over historical data. IB sends ‘corrections’ in the live datafeed up to 30 seconds later. So a price you see for a trade , may disappear 29 seconds later. Horror."

So now looking back at all my trades since being with IB, half the trades are trades I never would have made, I guess they were when I took the trades but after this "correction" there are many trades on the backfill data I took that I would never have took, exits and entries...

So now I am trading on a back tested system that is majorly flawed considering that all the data I used for the backtesting has been altered from what was really hapening in real time....

So I need to rework my system and need to know the best way to do it but am completley confused on what to do, I guess I need to see backfill dtata that has come in live and is never altered in this manner? Does anyone know of a real time data that comes in real time and stays true to the real time data in the backfill?

Also can I use this data with IB and to enter and exit trades and have my entries and exits meet the prices I go in and out of?

I mean right now I look back at my trades and they are really off, bars I would never have entered on but I guess in real time they came in as what I would enter on then where changed...

Man I am lost now and had no idea about this at all, I need to trade on real time data that remains historically accurate on the backfill....

what a mess...

Please help...

Wow

Man, I cannot even believe what I am seeing when I look back on my charts, I mean the data has completely changed,

what a mess...

Comment

Hello tshirtdeal,

You could connect to a supported data feed provider such as, eSignal, IQFeed and BarChart, to provide real-time data in NinjaTrader. Connect to IB second to be able to select your live account in NinjaTrader. More informationregarding multiple connections can be found at the link below.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
        I have IB also and had some serious problems with the datta feed. When the markets start moving fast, IB looked like it jumped over my long entry. Really it had filled and I was long and I didn't find out about it for about 15 minutes!!!!! It also filled me on another trade, while I was long Gold but on my charts, it just looked like it just never got filled and price kept rallying up. Finally while I was on the phone with IB discussing the issue, did my NT charts show I was in the traded, once price was not going down past my entry point. I complained on NT and someone said, they had the same problem with IB and recommended opening an account with AMP and using their ZenFire connection. It was created to work with NT and you won't have any problems like that again.
        Since I have been using AMP ZenFire connection: it gives very accurate real time data.
        Good luck,
        Rachel

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the reply... I am a bit lost on it all now... The last week looked like a mess with the IB data again, I set up my Barcharts account again and logged in and evertyhing looks right and as I traded it live...

I do not understand why IB data changes?

After I looked at the Barchart data I diconnected it and then loaded IB data and then that was fixed?

I am totally confused...

Comment

Hi,
            Just my comment: it is totally about how much volume and trading is taking place. When the market is moving more quickly with more volume, IB data will not be able to handle all the demands placed on it and you WILL get delayed data. That is what it is totally about with IB. When the market is not that volitile, not that much data has to move quickly through it, IB data will not be delayed. All I can say is, it is not fun seeing the market jump past your entry, watch price fall below your entry and then have real time start showing up on your charts with your trade in the red!!! If my IB data had stayed current, I would have seen my entry had been initiated and I could have exited with a profit. Just hope your account is big enough to handle that kind of loss. Just watch out when we get in the 4th quarter and the market becomes more volitile, I perdict IB will give you delayed data when more volume enters the markets
            Wishing you the best, I have been there, just trying to help.
            Rachel

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post usazencort  
            Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
            5 responses