Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving charts about

Hey,
    it has been a long time since i've used ninja trader as i landed a position as a trainee prop trader, so i have been prop trading for two years using cqg and tt.

I've left prop trading to trade for myself as i'm wanting to move abroad, so i've come back to ninja trader with zen fire after a few friends recommended it.

I like it a lot, and you guys have done a great job with it, but i have two questions. First one being, at the moment i'm looking at a chart of ES and the range on the chart is 6 points, but it won't let me move the chart any higher or lower out of this range. Before each trading sessions i will put in my s/r levels from my analysis, and i will normally have 10 support levels and 10 resistance levels, but i can't put them all in because i can't seem to move the chart out of the fixed range. I can't work out if i'm just being stupid here as this is quite a basic feature that has been available on every charting package i've ever used.

Second question is, how do i get a point and figure chart up as i can't seem to find this anywhere?

Many thanks

Kevin

Hi,
    I think you need to set the Auto Scale under the General Tab to false to be able to zoom near the current price S/R line and I don't think that NT has point and figure charts.

Comment

Please see the link below regarding Point and Figure charts as per NinjaTrader 7.

New Chart Styles
      This is work in progress and may or may not be released at beta. We will add additional styles such as Renko, Point and Figure and Kagi. Although we do not provide official support for this, all chart styles are implemented as NinjaScript objects and advanced developers can create their own custom chart styles.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hey, thanks for the reply. I'm using 6.5, but i can't seem to find the Auto Scale option anywhere?

Many thanks

Kevin

Comment

Please see the attached screenshot.
          Attached Files

Comment

On a chart click indicators, select your indicator and you will see the option under General.

Comment

ok cheers, i've sent it to false but it hasn't changed anything. I still can't scroll up and down. For example the highest price on my chart at the moment is 897.50, but say i wanted to put a resistance line in at 907.50, i can't scroll up there tp put it in

Comment

Please click and hold your left mouse button on the right side of the Y-axis and move down to increase the Y-axis. More information can be found at the link below.

Comment

i don't want the chart to shrink though, i just want to be able to move the chart up and down. Also if trying to do it by shrinking the chart, it's hard to precisely place a level. Say for example one level on ES at at 901.25 and 908.75 etc.

I think it's important to be able to put levels in precisely before the market opens as this allows you to focus on trading. For example if one has to wait until price reaches an area until they can put a level in, then a trade can easily be missed if price is moving quickly.

Comment

Kevin, I understand it can be difficult to precisely place a horizontal line on a compressed chart, however, if you already know the price level you wish to annotate, you can use the Constant Lines function located in the Indicators menu. Make sure you use panel #1, and you can play around with the displacement to extend right or left.

Comment

Hey, thanks for the reply. Is there an option to be able to put in more than 4 levels? I normally have 10 support levels and 10 resistance levels for each session

Comment

It seems that the default level is 4, but I just tried it out and you can simply add another. Plenty if colors available for you to get creative as well.

Comment

Hey, thanks for the reply. Sorry for being a pain, but i can't find anywhere how to add more than the default 4.

Your help has been much appreciated

Kevin

Comment

Hello Kevin,

I suggest to add 3 ConstantLines indicators.

Comment

Like Jason said, simply add a new constant lines indicator (or however many you need).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ScottWalsh  
                              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                              10 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post frankthearm