Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader ATM Changes to None

Greetings,

In the DOM, I use an ATM Strategy. When I close Ninja and restart, the last ATM strategy is still in the DOM.

In the Charts, with Chart Trader active, the ATM strategy always resets to NONE. When I close Ninja and restart, it is always reset to NONE rather than retaining the last strategy used like the DOM does.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks
    D

DavidHP, thanks for the post - this a known issue and already on our list to fix, thanks.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Was this ever fixed? The number of times I have entered the first position of the day with no strategy now!! I know it is my responsibility to remember, but it would be real nice if Chart Trader just loaded the last ATM strategy used by default.

Comment

pauly139, I believe this is fixed for NinjaTrader 7, will check and update you.

Comment

This issue is fixed in our NinjaTrader 7 version.

Comment

Hmm.... I know this is an old thread, but I have B14 and the ATM strategy is not staying put. I am not sure what makes this happen, but I have to check prior to a new order to ensure it is selected. 3 orders were placed this afternoon with the ATM. Any suggestions?

Comment

Hello Day Trading Fool,

Please provide me with the steps you are taking when Chart Trader does not select your ATM strategy.

Is this chart loading as part of a workspace or via the File > New menu?
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It seems to happen when I click on an MA linked to the chart. The chart is part of a workspace.

I am running replay data at the moment, and it happens whenever I change instruments.

Comment

Hi Day Trading Fool,

I was not able to replicate this behavior on my end when using 7.0.0.14.

As a test, please open a new workspace (File > Workspaces > New Workspace). There within, add a new chart and market analyzer, then link the two windows.

In this new workspace, when cycling between instruments, do you see the same occur?

Comment

No - it seems to work just fine if i set up a new workspace.

However, it happened again this morning on the saved workspace. I think it happened after I had opened a position, closed, then re-entered. The re-entry did not apply the ATM.

I will create a new workspace and see what happens.

Comment

Ok , now that market has closed I am able to try this out a little more.

It appears that this happens after a position is entered or exited. I click on the ATM strategy, place the order, select another instrument, and the ATM is cleared.

Comment

Hi Day Trading Fool,

To confirm, this was in a new workspace, correct?

On my end, when I cycled back to the instrument where I had placed the ATM trade, my Active ATM strategy was automatically selected.

Comment

Yes - but I set the workspace up to be the same as what I would like to use.

Just to confirm: I select the ATM strategy in chart trader; the ATM stays selected for every instrument I select. I then place an order and select a different instrument. NOW the chart trader displays 'None' in the ATM strategy selection box.

If I re-select the instrument that I have entered a position on, then the active ATM is indicated in chart trader. After I close the position, the ATM changes to 'None' for any instrument selected.

Is this expected behavior?

I would like the selected ATM strategy to always be selected.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Hi Day Trading Fool,

Thank you for the clarification! I did not realize that you were not switching back to the instrument where the order was placed.

This is, in fact, expected behavior when using the default ATM Strategy Selection mode - 'SelectActiveATMStrategyOnOrderSubmission'.

Please take the following steps:
                            Right click in the Chart Trader portion of your window and select Properties.
                            In the properties menu, set the 'ATM Strategy Selection Mode' property to 'KeepSelectedATMStrategyOnOrderSubmission', then click OK.

Next, attempt to replicate the behavior you were seeing again. With this setting in place, your ATM Strategy Template should remain selected when changing instruments after it is originally selected to place your order.

Comment

Hello Kyle,

Strange behavior on the ATM again. Fine for most of the day, then for the last hour I had to constantly check to ensure that it was selected. Chart trader is set to 'Keep...' I will reference this in the email as well.

Thanks for all of the hard work.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post maybeimnotrader  
                              Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes