Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HiLo of a specific time period

Hello,

I am building a strategy using the wizard. I want to make a condition regarding the high / low of the time period, e.g. if Close (Price) > High (Price) between 10:00am - 11:00am. Is it possible and how I can accomplish this? Thanks.

Pipal, thank you for your questions, and what you wish to accomplish is possible in the wizard.

In one of your condition sets, you can check the timestamps of each bar to see if they're in the range you have set. The next step would be to store the highs and lows into a user defined variable only if the bar's high [low] is higher [lower] than your stored variable.

See attached screen shot to get an idea for how you can do this for the highs side.
    Attached Files
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Austin. It works.

Comment

Hi,

I used the wizard to make a condition / action based on the HiLo of a period. However it doesn't work fine.

I want to enter a long position if the close (0) is higher than the highesthigh of the specific period (1000-1100 as in the sample). Many thanks for your advice.
        Attached Files

Comment

pipal, on what timeframe are you working with this setup? Please try adding a drawing to your conditions so you have a visual check for them triggering / evaluating to true.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand. I tried to work it on 1 min chart, and no trade is ever triggered in different months of data.

I have some other setups that work well in backtesting, and want to add HiLo as one of the conditions.

Comment

Time Indicator

Anybody who could help me in making indicator that will compare the current time and the time when the market is open or trading is present? The market will open every monday morning at 6:00 am.Help please

Comment

Originally posted by pipal View Post
                Thanks Bertrand. I tried to work it on 1 min chart, and no trade is ever triggered in different months of data.

I have some other setups that work well in backtesting, and want to add HiLo as one of the conditions.
                Pipal, in general what Austin suggested coding wise should work well - for your entry condition then, please try for example without the time filter just entering as Close cross the found High, perhaps the time filter is too restrictive?

Comment

Originally posted by luxurious_04 View Post
                  Anybody who could help me in making indicator that will compare the current time and the time when the market is open or trading is present? The market will open every monday morning at 6:00 am.Help please
                  luxurious_04, you could custom code an indicator for example changing the backcolors of the chart panels if your Time condition is true -

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by tkaboris, Today, 05:13 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post tkaboris  
                  Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                  16 responses
                  0 likes